FORUMS: list search recent posts

External GPU Support in New MacPro 2016

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ehtesham Khan Ham
External GPU Support in New MacPro 2016
on Jan 27, 2016 at 11:12:06 am

Hello,
I am planning to buy top of the line Macpro available on apple.com. with an external storage via thunderbolt2.

The question is what is the best External GPUs solution over thunderbolt2 (external chassis) or may be Type-C (Tbolt3 later this month available) that can work with Dual D700 AMD FirePros GPUs (Built in New MacPro)... ??

Also i wanna ask that does open CL and open GL graphic cards works well all together...???

Regards,

Ehtesham (ET)

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: External GPU Support in New MacPro 2016
on Jan 27, 2016 at 11:36:57 am

What is it exactly that you want to do?

External GPU is possible, but not supported.

OpenCL and OpenGL are completely different frameworks. OpenCL is for compute; OpenGL is for drawing graphics.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Ehtesham Khan Ham
on Jan 27, 2016 at 11:54:04 am

Thanks for an early reply... I edit feature films for cinemas in Pakistan. My previous workflow was based on proxy methods...Camera footage involve mainly are RED and ARRI..

Since the clients are more interested in real deals, they aren't going to invest their time over proxy methods.. Now they want to edit their stuff right away...

My task is to edit and grade the footage. I use davinci resolve final cutX and adobe tools to get my final product. which eventually showcased over cinemas (2K DCI)

Thanks

Return to posts index

Tom Sefton
on Jan 27, 2016 at 12:00:58 pm

Red Rocket X with a red workflow would be the best option, other than that, nothing is officially supported as far as I know...

Co-owner at Pollen Studio
http://www.pollenstudio.co.uk

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
on Feb 2, 2016 at 7:02:52 pm

We are all still waiting for this to finally happen.

Return to posts index

Jimmy Holcomb
on Feb 19, 2016 at 8:39:44 pm

While not completely on this topic, however this my be a sign of things to come at NAB and hopefully a release a MacPro 16 version with TB3.

I think it is interesting that this drive has display port as well as two TB3 connections.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01BL0CKIM?keywords=thunder3%20duo&m=AZUOP...

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Feb 19, 2016 at 11:50:48 pm

Odd then that the teams editing those major Hollywood films use Proxy where it makes sense and seem not to find the X workflow a burden. Making editorial decisions expressed as metadata does not always require full frame sources. Especially in a workflow like Xs where the quality of your proxies from a Red shoot are liable to be nearly the same as what most of your people will see when they watch your DCP. The game has changed. Long live the game.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]