Apple feedback website is now for FCPX!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Geert van den Berg
Apple feedback website is now for FCPX!
on Jul 3, 2011 at 2:56:15 pm

http://www.apple.com/feedback/finalcutpro.html

If you select version you can only select 10.0

I hope people will keep the feedback constructive and don't submit without actually having used the software...

Return to posts index

Aindreas Gallagher
Re: Apple feedback website is now for FCPX!
on Jul 3, 2011 at 3:38:30 pm

yeah, if there is any way out of this godawful mess - there needs to be some kind of a dialogue between professionals and apple.

This is at least a pneumatic message pipe. lets maybe try and keep the Nazi analogies on the forum and out of the pipe...

I think "enhancement request" might come up once or twice as feedback type.

http://www.ogallchoir.net
promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

Return to posts index

Andrew Richards
on Jul 3, 2011 at 4:39:06 pm

I've already submitted several Enhancement Requests. And yes, they do read these! You won't get a personal note from Steve Bayes for each one you submit, but they do read and take seriously the Feedbacks.

Best,
Andy

Return to posts index

olof ekbergh
on Jul 3, 2011 at 6:38:03 pm

Here is what I sent them:

"I never really liked FCP to cluttered. I have been using it since V1 just to be compatible and out of curiosity. My main NLE is M100, much faster cleaner and no rendering, or crashes.

But I use FCP on about 30% of my projects. I have 3 edit suites with M100 Kona and Matrox hardware, and I use MBPs in the field with M100 and FCP, one of the M100 suites also has FCP 7.0.3 installed with a MX02 interface.

This is the first version of FCP I really like.

The DB driven media management is fantastic, I love the magnetic TL. I can work really fast and accurately. And I am sure it will only get better in new updates.

The integration with Motion is very nice.

To me simpler is better as long as you can do all you need to do and I think you have done it well.

The CC is very good right in FCPX and so is the keying, especially in Motion. Great Job. Scopes are fantastic.

I am sure AJA, BM and Matrox etc will have good drivers for their hardware soon. Please help them any way you can.

I like the Thunderbolt concept, now if we could have 2 channels on MBP's so we can have fast RAIDS and NTSC/PAL video interfaces it would be great.

The two problems that really need to be resolved are some type of XML import, I have lots of projects both in M100 and in FCP that are more than an hour long, and they get updated several times a year. I would love to have a possibility of importing those with literally hundreds of edits, it does not have to be perfect, but there must be a way to do it. And we need to be able to export just part of a timeline, this is crucial for me.

Also there should be better ways of deciding what projects and events are displayed, so competing clients don't see each others names/media/projects. Other than moving events out of folders etc.

I think this is a great start. And I think editors will come around, everyone screams for change and when they get it they initially hate it. But I think you have a great product here. Thanks. And good luck, I like the APP store system too."

Olof Ekbergh

Return to posts index

John Godden
on Jul 3, 2011 at 7:05:12 pm

Excellent post Olof

Return to posts index

Aindreas Gallagher
on Jul 3, 2011 at 8:23:25 pm

[olof ekbergh] "The CC is very good right"

I'd argue that's a bit of a generous statement. Personally, I find it to be a pretty insane colour board. and there's no direct numerical entry, and no awareness of the scroll wheel for numerical entry.
I suppose once Colourista II is re-encoded, then everyone is good to go.. as long as the API hooks let the app sit its GUI elements into the effect controls? Alex Lindsay expressed some doubt about what would be allowed go in there.

http://www.ogallchoir.net
promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

Return to posts index

olof ekbergh
on Jul 3, 2011 at 8:46:54 pm

Aindreas,

Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

You can use the arrow keys to move around the CC interface, this works well for me for delicate changes.

If you use 2 monitors and put the scopes on the second screen you get big really easy to read scopes, I use the scopes a lot for CC. This is the most useful CC I have seen in an NLE yet. And with BG rendering it is much faster to use than round tripping to Color. M100 has pretty rudimentary CC with very numeric controls, it is instantaneous (no renders) but harder to use with no secondaries.

So I think as an NLE solution it is excellent as as you say Colorista will probably be available soon, if you need more. But give this new interface a chance. Change can be good.

I like the way this APP just gets out of the way and your moves become intuitive, that is the way M100 is but this is even better, fast and easy but lots of power below the surface.

Just my 2 cents.

Olof Ekbergh

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]