FORUMS: list search recent posts

audio stopped working on copy of project

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Harri Palm
audio stopped working on copy of project
on Jan 3, 2016 at 9:23:02 pm

I recently made a duplicate of a project and immediately changed the project settings from 720 SD to 1080p HD. I proceeded to work on that copy for a few weeks with no problems. Yesterday while working on the project the audio stopped working.

The waveforms are still there and the scrubbing works. The audio files play back no problem in the browser. The timeline is the issue. When I try to load a new audio file in the timeline it won't play back. Nothing on the meters.

Prefs have been trashed, reboot, etc. Nothing working so far.

Return to posts index

Harri Palm
Re: audio stopped working on copy of project
on Jan 3, 2016 at 9:30:55 pm
Last Edited By Harri Palm on Jan 3, 2016 at 9:32:43 pm

Update: Now the thumbnails are only half loading and FCPX is crashing every time I zoom in. No project thumbnail in the browser when the project is selected. The original project and another snapshot work just fine.

I need this copy project as all my recent edits were done on it. I can't even copy and paste the project copy because of the thumbnails not loading and the crashing when zooming to select the entire project.

My machine isn't the problem. Brand new 6 core with RAM up the whazzoo.

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
Re: audio stopped working on copy of project
on Jan 4, 2016 at 10:21:41 am

I would try deleting all generated files, i.e. render and cache files, which it sounds like may have become corrupted. Can happen. Though you'll have to dive into the library itself to rid yourself of the cache files (which are then of course regenerated), since, even though they also live in the "Render files" folder, they're not covered by the menu command. I would do that after quitting FCP first though.

- RK

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]