FORUMS: list search recent posts

XDCAM 422 1080i60 acting funny?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Neil Goodman
XDCAM 422 1080i60 acting funny?
on Jul 3, 2011 at 2:14:52 am

when i look at my clips in the viewer im getting flickering. Also even tho i clicked on "optimized media" on importing, it didnt convert them to pro-res 422 as far as a i can tell.

any one have any luck?

Neil Goodman: Editor of New Media Production - NBC/Universal

Return to posts index

John Godwin
Re: XDCAM 422 1080i60 acting funny?
on Jul 3, 2011 at 2:41:43 am

You have to first convert them using XDcam Transfer, then import them. It's been working fine here. Hopefully Sony and Apple will get a better import setup working soon.

Hope this helps ...

Best,
John

Return to posts index

Neil Goodman
on Jul 3, 2011 at 4:18:49 am

they were ingesting useing xd transfer first on my rig at work but they come of the xd's a 422 xd 1080i60. Now i have the files at home on a completely different drive and they flicker terribly and didnt transcode on import. The files look great in quicktime, FCP 7 etc.

Return to posts index

Nate Weaver
on Jul 3, 2011 at 5:03:00 am

Turn on "high quality" under image quality in preferences.

Should kill the flickering. Tell me if it does, it did on my 1080p24 XDCAM material, but it was more of a pulsating, maybe at 2hz-ish.

Nate Weaver
Director/D.P., Los Angeles
http://www.nateweaver.net

Return to posts index

Neil Goodman
on Jul 3, 2011 at 7:05:30 am

that definately seemed to do the trick. And yea i guess pulsating would have been a better way to describe it. Thanks!

Any thoughts as to why its not transcoding the footage on import? I thought it did this to everyhting or is that just h264?

Return to posts index

shawn Bockoven
on Jul 3, 2011 at 9:15:21 pm

We are seeing the same thing on video shot with our F350. Can't wait to try this fix when I get back from vacation. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Mike Jeffs
on Jul 4, 2011 at 12:47:10 am

I have some XDcam hd422 1080i 60 the FCPX won't import. they were shot using a nanoflash. when i go to import clips in the dialog box i can navigate to the folder and even hit the space bar and they open up in the quicktime preview and play. but when i try to select and hit import FCPX comes up with a dialog that say these are not video files final cut pro X reconizes. those same clips open in 7 on same machine just fine.

Wierd bug i'm guessing. also its not all clips recorded using a nano but there have been a plethora it won't import.

Mike Jeffs
Video Coordinator
BYU-Idaho

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]