FORUMS: list search recent posts

OT: Happy Thanksgiving

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Mathis
OT: Happy Thanksgiving
on Nov 23, 2015 at 4:32:30 am

To my friends here in the states, wishing everyone a safe and happy Thanksgiving. Indeed thankful to Uncle Tim for his help and guidance. Much gratitude for the help and advice from others. This forum has been of great help. Stay warm, be safe and save me some pumpkin pie.

Not eating leftovers this year. I quit cold turkey. :-)

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
Re: OT: Happy Thanksgiving
on Nov 23, 2015 at 1:29:17 pm

It's not just strictly the states. I spent a Thanksgiving in London one year and ate Thanksgiving dinner in a pub. The owner realized he had some Americans in the establishment and was kind enough to offer open faced turkey sandwiches as a menu option. :-) I was amazed that the town already had Christmas decorations up, too! Cheers to all.

Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
on Nov 23, 2015 at 1:49:47 pm

[Oliver Peters] "It's not just strictly the states. I spent a Thanksgiving in London one year and ate Thanksgiving dinner in a pub. "

Thankful to be rid of us, are they? LOL

[Oliver Peters] " I was amazed that the town already had Christmas decorations up, too!"

When I was growing up in the 60s, the Christmas season was deemed "open for business" at the moment that Santa appeared at the end of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. So that sounds about right.

Nowadays though, it seems like you're just not trying if you start any later than the day after Halloween....so consider my joining in on Thanksgiving greetings to be a belated Merry Christmas as well!

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Nov 23, 2015 at 7:53:07 pm

Tim, it gets better. Leave it to Needless Markup, I mean Neiman Marcus to set Christmas stuff up in August!

Return to posts index

Andrew Kimery
on Nov 24, 2015 at 6:32:42 am

The week before Halloween Home Depot had more Xmas decorations out than Halloween decorations. But I digress..

Happy Turkey day to those that partake.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]