FORUMS: list search recent posts

Importing from Firestore Drive HDV

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steven Capachietti
Importing from Firestore Drive HDV
on Jul 2, 2011 at 5:31:37 pm

Has anyone been able to import Firestore drive files on Hard drive.

I use a Firestore FS-C and saves in Quicktime Format.The properties are Apple HDV 1080i60, 1440 x 1080 (1888 x 1062), Millions
16-bit Integer (Big Endian), Stereo, 48.000 kHz.

It also will not import .MTS files. Anyone have any suggestions. FCP X specs say native editing for HDV and also AVCHD. I get this warning.

No importable files
None of the selected files or folders can be imported. Change the selection and try again.

Return to posts index

Steven Capachietti
Re: Importing from Firestore Drive HDV
on Jul 2, 2011 at 7:48:01 pm

I did manage to import files thanks to trusty MPEG Streamclip. I just batched converted all my HDV .mov files into the same exact format that they were in with really no changes that I can see and they all import into FCP-X. More bugs I guess. I sure don't want to have to convert all my files to edit in FCP-X every time.It's like going back to FCP Studio and converting AVCHD files. Anyone else have a solution or better work around.

Return to posts index

Steven Capachietti
on Jul 2, 2011 at 7:55:58 pm

Here is a question. I have a MacPro2,1 Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Xeon Processor Speed: 3 GHz and I have always had an issue with Quicktime X. The same files above just show blank when played with Quicktime X but play fine in Quicktine 7. I believe this may be a codec problem on my end if anyone has ever solved the Quicktime X and 7 issue.Thanks

Return to posts index

Chris Anderson
on Jul 11, 2011 at 3:05:58 pm

There's no solution as of yet. You can follow the main Apple discussion forum thread here. https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3132042?start=0&tstart=0

I've submitted bugs to Apple about this problem and sent test files as well, so keep your fingers crossed. . It has to do with the fact that Apple rewrote all of their existing codecs for Final Cut Pro X (and Lion) using a different framework. So something they did broke the Firestore, either because the Firestore wasn't implementing HDV correctly, or Apple messed something up. The big problem is that in Lion, you can't even view the files in Quicktime, as Lion as the new HDV codec by default. So while I don't believe there is a solution yet, both parties are aware of the problem.

Return to posts index

Steven Capachietti
on Jul 11, 2011 at 4:03:24 pm

Thanks Chris

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]