FORUMS: list search recent posts

Favorite title plugins?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mitch Ives
Favorite title plugins?
on Oct 28, 2015 at 7:53:25 pm

Anybody have any title plugins that they really like?

I have bought a number of them, but I'm generally lees than happy about the lack of customization in FCP X. I like to be able to adjust text position independent of the graphics elements... the ability to scale, etc. Of course for lower thirds, the ability to use it on both sides would be nice.

In FCP 7, I had a lot of options for these things. In FCP X I get really nice animated titles, but usually can't turn off individual elements. For instance, if it has a glow, being able to turn off that part, while leaving the rest of the title would be nice. By that, I mean quick adjustments in FCP X.

So, I'm betting there are some out there that I haven't found... or perhaps some developer will make the mother of all title programs?

Mitch Ives
Insight Productions Corp.

"Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things." - Winston Churchill

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
Re: Favorite title plugins?
on Oct 29, 2015 at 1:19:15 am

[Mitch Ives] "or perhaps some developer will make the mother of all title programs?"

Motion?

- Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Oct 29, 2015 at 1:51:16 am

I like rigs and the ability to publish out parameters. Rigs allow for quick changes with minimal fuss, and choosing which parameters you want to publish is a nice bonus. So me for Motion is the tool of choice.

The magnetic timeline, it's magnetic-o-matic!

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Oct 29, 2015 at 2:16:35 am

Really depends what you're looking for. I've not seen a one-size fits all title (in any app). I usually look for plugins/templates on a project-specific basis.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
FCP eXchange - FCPX Workshops

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Oct 29, 2015 at 5:22:17 am

Most of the things you mention, glow, position, size should all be in the text tab or adjustable by grabbing the text and moving it in the viewer.

The custom text and custom 3D text tools are your friend if you learn how to use them. Very powerful right inside of FCP X.

That said, MotionVFX.com is my go to for plugs and temps. mBehavior has been a lot of fun. It's a set of animation moves that can be applied to anything. But also comes with some text behaviors.

After that, VideoHive.net would be my next stop usually. Then maybe over to FXFactory. A few folks there have text packages that are pretty decent.

Return to posts index

Dennis Radeke
on Oct 29, 2015 at 10:24:36 am

tee hee hee...being mischevious here as we are close to Halloween.

The answer is obvious! Favorite title plug-in...

Photoshop!

Return to posts index

Charlie Austin
on Oct 29, 2015 at 6:35:34 pm

[Dennis Radeke] "tee hee hee...being mischevious here as we are close to Halloween.

The answer is obvious! Favorite title plug-in...

Photoshop!"

Really? Just for static cards or something? Were I to use an Adobe app for titles it'd be AE. I just do 'em in the NLE though, if the NLE I'm in can make decent titles. ;-)

-------------------------------------------------------------

~ My FCPX Babbling blog ~
~"It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools."~
~"The function you just attempted is not yet implemented"~

Return to posts index

Brett Sherman
on Oct 30, 2015 at 12:46:39 pm
Last Edited By Brett Sherman on Oct 30, 2015 at 12:48:09 pm

[Mitch Ives] "In FCP 7, I had a lot of options for these things. In FCP X I get really nice animated titles, but usually can't turn off individual elements. For instance, if it has a glow, being able to turn off that part, while leaving the rest of the title would be nice. By that, I mean quick adjustments in FCP X."

You should be able to alter the look of all text on a character by character level. Just go to the text tab and adjust the glow, outline, drop shadow, etc.

But really, you should get Motion and get somewhat familiar with it, how to publish paramaters.. It is extremely powerful especially with text. And you can make templates so you can re-use them without having to reinvent the wheel. I've made my own lower third templates for our organization with tons of controls for modification available right in FCP X. They are static, cause I HATE animated lower thirds, but you could animate them too. I just wish Motion templates didn't make FCP X sluggish, but that's another story.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]