FORUMS: list search recent posts

OT - Microsoft surface book

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Santiago Martí
OT - Microsoft surface book
on Oct 6, 2015 at 3:52:54 pm
Last Edited By Santiago Martí on Oct 6, 2015 at 3:54:20 pm

I was watching the keynote, they introduced a laptop. A great one. They used Ppro for the demo, they claim 2X power than the 13" MacBook. The screen detaches, and the keyboard has an Nvidia card, so when using it together it's really powerfull, 6th generation core i7, DDR5 Ram, 1TB of storage. I am blown away.

Santiago Martí
http://www.robotrojo.com.ar
Red Epic Dragon, Sony FS7, Sony a7S, Red Pro Primes, Adobe CC, Assimilate Scratch

Return to posts index

Lance Bachelder
Re: OT - Microsoft surface book
on Oct 6, 2015 at 6:49:11 pm

I agree looks fantastic! But not cheap at around $2600 for maxed out version which would be great for editing etc.

It was at a Vegas premiere that I resolved to become an avid FCPX user.

Lance Bachelder
Writer, Editor, Director
Downtown Long Beach, California
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1680680/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

Return to posts index

Dennis Radeke
Re: OT - Microsoft surface book
on Oct 6, 2015 at 8:27:54 pm

Hi guys,

I am at the event today and helped represent Adobe since so many of my coworkers are in LA for Adobe MAX.

First eyes on the device this AM (they were pretty secretive) and have to admit, it is very intriguing. It bridges laptop and tablet device pretty smoothly. New touch stuff coming to next release of Premiere makes it even better in tablet mode.

Point is, everyone is racing to a combined tablet/laptop experience and even for my first glance, there is a lot to like here.

Hoping to get one of the units once it is available and will be putting it through its paces and taking it around on my client visits.

Lastly, I played with a couple of units but was able to play with a 16GB RAM and i7 combo which was a real great experience. 3.5 pounds with keyboard.

As for price, I will let you debate that, but a MBP15 is going to be more than that for sure and a 13" MBP doesn't have i7 option and is still close to same price.

dradadobe tweet

HTH,
Dennis - Adobe guy at Microsoft event today

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]