FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting only a portion or section of your timeline in FCPX

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
rudy Diaz
Exporting only a portion or section of your timeline in FCPX
on Jul 2, 2011 at 5:59:34 am

Can I export only a portion of the timeline in FCPX . Sometimes I need to export just a section of my time line so I can review it or even bring into another software for additions of other effects. Is this possible . I had heard somewhere it was not.

thanks

Rudy

Return to posts index

Paul Figgiani
Re: Exporting only a portion or section of your timeline in FCPX
on Jul 2, 2011 at 1:34:24 pm

Rudy - send to Compressor (Share/Send to Compressor). Then set in and out points in the Preview Window.

-paul.

Return to posts index

Manfred Kraus
on Jul 3, 2011 at 1:42:20 pm

I guess "compound clips" are what you are looking for.
Izzy made a good tutorial for this: http://www.izzyvideo.com/final-cut-pro-x-tutorial/17-compound-clips-in-fina...

signature

Return to posts index

Jeff Neria
on Oct 15, 2011 at 11:53:41 pm

Has anyone figured out how to do this or conclusively determined that it just can't be done without compressor? I watched the video posted by MK MK, but once you get the section you want packaged into a compound clip, I still don't really see how to export just that clip.

I need to break up a timeline so that i can have a 3.5 hour video span across two dvds.

After finding a breakpoint, then breaking each section into a compound clip, it wasn't immediately, or eventually, obvious how to export just the selected clip. So now i have compound clips, clip A and clip B. I copied clip B into another project hoping i could just split the first project into two, klunky for me but workable.

The problem with that is that I need to burn in timecode, so when i copy clip B to the new project, the timecode generator starts fresh in the new timeline with 0. I can't figure out any way to make the timecode generator start with where it left off from clip A.

Any ideas? In FCP7 i think the setting was in the timeline settings and possibly also in the effect properties itself. In X i see no way to do this.

Return to posts index

Matt Surf
on Jan 23, 2012 at 10:36:59 am

I've had the same problem and, although far from ideal, I've taken to cutting and pasting the desired sections into separate projects and exporting from there!!

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Jan 23, 2012 at 10:48:43 am

[Matt Surf] "'ve had the same problem and, although far from ideal, I've taken to cutting and pasting the desired sections into separate projects and exporting from there!!"

That's what I do, it's not exactly a big deal to create a separate project for it.

Steve Connor
"FCPX Agitator"
Adrenalin Television

Return to posts index

Jeff Neria
on Jan 23, 2012 at 5:30:38 pm

The cutting and pasting would work for me to, except that I need to burn in timecode and there is no way to create an offset ( for the 2nd and subsequent projects) with the built in timecode generator. And last i've tried and heard, the generator created in motion does't work for 24 fps media.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]