FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adobe offering 50% to switch from FCP-X

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ted irving
Adobe offering 50% to switch from FCP-X
on Jul 2, 2011 at 4:34:32 am

This is hilarious!! http://www.adobe.com/products/premiere/switch.html?promoid=ITKJK
However, I just got FCPX and it is very easy, especially for ENG which is most of my work. I also work on documentaries and that is where the challenge in going to come in. I'll work with Apple for the next 6 months to see what updates will come down the pipe. I love After Effects & Photoshop, but I would prefer to stick with FCP or Avid. Sorry Adobe.

Ted Irving
Content Freelancer
Media Instructor
http://www.tedtv.tv
tedirving@yahoo.com

Return to posts index

Peter Corbett
Re: Adobe offering 50% to switch from FCP-X
on Jul 2, 2011 at 8:30:34 am

The suite gives you 64-bit Photoshop, After Effects with the killer new stabiliser, plus Flash Professional (because FCS is so good with Flash creation) and all these programs...

Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe Audition
Flash Catalyst
Flash Professional
Illustrator
OnLocation
Encore
Media Encoder

Your post was so hilarious I nearly fell off my chair.

Peter Corbett
Powerhouse Productions
http://www.php.com.au

Return to posts index

Chris Kenny
on Jul 2, 2011 at 11:17:50 am

$850 for a bundle that includes After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator and Encore is worth it right there for anyone who doesn't already own these apps, even if you hate Premiere, couldn't care less about Flash, etc.

It's not like they make you sign a contract saying you'll never use any version of Final Cut Pro again.

--
Digital Workflow/Colorist, Nice Dissolve.

You should follow me on Twitter here. Or read our blog.

Return to posts index

Peter Corbett
on Jul 2, 2011 at 11:47:07 am

Nicely said Chris. It is a bargain, really. I use FCP as well as CS5.5, but if I didn't have these apps I would jump on this deal. As an example, Adobe Media Encoder is VERY powerful and FAST.

Peter Corbett
Powerhouse Productions

Return to posts index

Gary Pollard
on Jul 2, 2011 at 12:14:35 pm

It's an incredible bargain even if you buy FCP X for no other reason than to get the upgrade.

I already have Photoshop and Premiere, but it's still worth considering for the rest. And like you said, they are most likely not going to stop your FCP from working.

Return to posts index

ted irving
on Jul 2, 2011 at 2:56:25 pm

yeah i'm not totally against buying it. in fact, if Apple doesn't get the X thing right I will be switching to Avid or Adobe. More than likely Adobe since I used to edit with versions 5 & 6 back in the day.

Ted Irving
Content Freelancer
Media Instructor
http://www.tedtv.tv
tedirving@yahoo.com

Return to posts index

Steven Schwartz
on Jul 2, 2011 at 6:09:49 pm

Jeez, so much emotion against Adobe - all they've done is make constant improvements, frequent free updates, affordable upgrades, tight integration between awesome applications, real time video playback and faster output, and have listened to their users. And still people hold Apple up as the example. That's one company I wouldn't count on to have my back in my business...but they do have shiny, pretty new toys for fanboys. Ooh look, shiny - let me grab my wallet!

Return to posts index

Ron Pestes
on Jul 2, 2011 at 11:06:13 pm

I made the jump to Adobe yesterday because of the 50% off deal.

ronpesteshdvideo.com
Apple Certified Master Pro FCS 2
Sony EX-3
MacBook Pro
New convert to Adobe CS5.5 Production Premium

Return to posts index

Peter Corbett
on Jul 2, 2011 at 11:43:29 pm

[Ron Pestes] "I made the jump to Adobe yesterday because of the 50% off deal."

Just take it nice and slow when having a go at CS5.5. Do what I did when I switched from Adobe to FCP, but in reverse. I'd start a new project that is not too challenging, something that doesn't rely on media/project management from an existing FCP project.

There are trips and learnings everywhere, but DO learn on a real project. It's the only way really. And as I said, do it on a project that has a bit of time and isn't critical. You will find you pick it up quicker than you thought.

Hopefully you have a Nvideo Cuda card in your Mac as well.

Peter Corbett
Powerhouse Productions

Return to posts index

Ron Pestes
on Jul 3, 2011 at 2:42:53 am

Good advice. I will get a tutorial book as well. I'm used to that as I did 7 books to get certified in FCS a couple years ago.

ronpesteshdvideo.com
Apple Certified Master Pro FCS 2
Sony EX-3
MacBook Pro
New convert to Adobe CS5.5 Production Premium

Return to posts index

Julian Bowman
on Jul 3, 2011 at 1:40:57 pm

This offer is in America only at the moment (or so it would seem). Does anyone know when it may be offered in the UK?

Ta

Return to posts index

Gary Pollard
on Jul 4, 2011 at 1:10:27 am

I found it in the international store. You just choose the Full Edition and type in the word "switch". You still get gouged on pricing though, as international software users have some to expect.

____

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it"

Return to posts index

Julian Bowman
on Jul 3, 2011 at 1:41:20 pm

This offer is in America only at the moment (or so it would seem). Does anyone know when it may be offered in the UK?

Ta

Return to posts index

Richard Cardonna
on Jul 3, 2011 at 3:58:08 pm

What people fail to realize is the while apple is a hardware company that make software to sell its hardware, adobe has always been a pixel oriented company from day 1.

Their whole goal is towarwds image, and pixel manipulation. So I ask who cares most about our jobs and interest, a hardware company that has some resourses invested in creative app or a company who's sole intert is image manipulation.

I vote for adobe it can only get better.
ric

Return to posts index

David Cherniack
on Jul 3, 2011 at 4:49:08 pm

[Richard Cardonna] "What people fail to realize is the while apple is a hardware company that make software to sell its hardware, adobe has always been a pixel oriented company from day 1.

I vote for adobe it can only get better."

I think that the wave of FCP professional users coming over to Premiere will bring a great infusion of welcome energy and positive change.

Don't forget that when 1.0 of Premiere Pro was released the user base was almost all prosumer. That gradually changed but only made a quantum leap with 5.0 when that version brought the stability of 64 bits to handle large projects and the amazing Mercury Playback Engine.

There's still improvements that need to be made, especially in media management and streamlining usability but Adobe does listen so don't be shy about speaking your minds about what the product needs. It's clear from recent public statements and actions that they intend to challenge even Avid in the high end. It may take them a year of three to get there but I wouldn't bet against them. As Richard said, pixel pushing, and now sample manipulation, is their business. And each new major release has brought new creative solutions.

And one thing that never gets mentioned, that has continuously impressed me over the last few years, is that the programmers and designers love to work there and are devoted to the products they make. That has to count for a lot looking down the road.

David
AllinOneFilms.com

Return to posts index

stephen knifton
on Jul 4, 2011 at 10:14:40 pm

bye apple.

gone.

just bought the production premium at fifty percent off .... how can you not ? not to worry apple, i'm sure there are two soccer moms and a leave-britney-alone producer ready to fill my shoes in the fcp x world.

hubris is a bitch.

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
on Jul 5, 2011 at 5:19:22 am

[stephen knifton] " i'm sure there are two soccer moms and a leave-britney-alone producer ready to fill my shoes in the fcp x world."

No kidding man. Leave Britney alone.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]