FORUMS: list search recent posts

Apple dropping pro-apps?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard van Harderwijk
Apple dropping pro-apps?
on Sep 17, 2015 at 6:53:53 pm

Hi cows,

And yet another discussion. Checking the lately revamped apple website: under 'Mac' there used to be hardware and pro-apps. Now only hardware. I love the gear and the stability, really do, but where did the apps go?

Return to posts index

Emily Chichi
Re: Apple dropping pro-apps?
on Sep 17, 2015 at 7:31:38 pm

scroll to the bottom. pro apps are listed where it says "amazing apps for mac"

Return to posts index

Richard van Harderwijk
on Sep 17, 2015 at 7:44:01 pm

whoops, didn't see that...

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Sep 18, 2015 at 2:16:24 pm

Richard, you have a bright future ahead, writing headlines for CNN or FOX news stories:-)

Return to posts index

Richard van Harderwijk
on Sep 20, 2015 at 2:38:32 pm

Haha, yes, my plan B. And you don't have to read thoroughly for that ;-) Or a future as webdesigner for apple, playing hide and seek all day.

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
on Sep 22, 2015 at 12:21:21 pm

LOL! You want to play "find that important link that concerns you as a valid customer"...try Avids :)

I must have send dozens of complaints for the past 17 years.

Return to posts index

Scott Witthaus
on Sep 23, 2015 at 7:53:45 am

Me too. Avid has been in the running for my Worst Site of the Year for many years. I have used it as an example to students on what NOT to do...

Scott Witthaus
Senior Editor/Post Production Supervisor
1708 Inc./Editorial
Professor, VCU Brandcenter

Return to posts index

Jimmy Holcomb
on Sep 24, 2015 at 6:13:50 pm

Off topic a little, but what program are most migrating from aperture. I am still holding onto, but want a new app that is really good at archiving, which Pixelmator does not appear to have.

Return to posts index

Thomas Frank
on Sep 24, 2015 at 6:23:34 pm

Capture ONE Pro maybe?

https://www.phaseone.com/en/Imaging-Software/Capture-One.aspx?

Return to posts index

Jim Wiseman
on Sep 25, 2015 at 10:36:28 pm
Last Edited By Jim Wiseman on Sep 25, 2015 at 10:44:22 pm

There really isn't a program to replace Aperture regarding image manipulation and RAW processing combined with DAM (digital asset mangement, photos). Capture One seems to be the best choice for RAW processing, but their asset management is weak. They acquired what used to be iView Media Pro, which was screwed up and abandoned by Microsoft as Expression. It now works quite well on its own as Media Pro which also will open the old iView catalogs. It is rumored they will be integrating that database engine with Capture One. At that point, if it works, it could be a real contender.

I'm going to keep using Aperture 3.6 on Yosemite while exporting my terabyte of photos to organized folders so I can use the perpetual version of LightRoom 6 in parallel if necessary. Lightroom is a decent RAW converter, but weak on asset management. Anything you have done using adjustments to photos in Aperture will need to be exported as TIFF or if not as important, JPEG. Just bought a new MacBook Pro Retina as Yosemite is the last version of Aperture, 3.6, it will run on. That and my 2013 nMP and 2012 Mac Pro tower. Should keep me going for a few years on my favorite photo program. This, to me, is a bigger screw up from Apple than FCPX, which I am liking. Must have had to do with lower level changes in OSX going forward.

Jim Wiseman
Sony PMW-EX1, Pana AJ-D810 DVCPro, DVX-100, Nikon D7000, Final Cut Pro X 10.2.2, Final Cut Studio 2 & 3, Media 100 Suite 2.1.6, Premiere Pro CS 5 5.5 and 6.0, AJA ioHD, AJA Kona LHi, Blackmagic Ultrastudio 4K, Blackmagic Teranex, Avid MC: 2013 Mac Pro Hexacore, 1TB SSD, 64GB RAM, 2-D500: Helios 2 w 2-960GB SSDs: 2012 Hexacore MacPro 3.33 Ghz, 24Gb RAM, GTX-680, 960GB SSD: Macbook Pro Retina 2015, i7, 500GB, M370X 2GB: Macbook Pro 17" 2011 2.2 Ghz Quadcore i7 16GB RAM 250GB SSD, Multiple OWC Thunderbay 4 TB2 and eSATA QX2 RAID 5 HD systems

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]