FORUMS: list search recent posts

iPad Pro with FCP X?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Oliver Peters
iPad Pro with FCP X?
on Sep 10, 2015 at 4:04:28 pm

It seems like an obvious direction. Will we see an optimized and fullblown version of FCP X running on iPad Pro? Complete with touch and Pencil support? Or will Adobe be there first?

- Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Andrew Kimery
Re: iPad Pro with FCP X?
on Sep 10, 2015 at 4:25:27 pm

When you say full blown do you mean a feature for feature remake of X but for iOS? Or a spinoff/'lite' version of X that runs on iOS but can trade projects between iOS and OS X (kinda like Premiere Clip but more feature filled)?

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Sep 10, 2015 at 4:59:03 pm

[Andrew Kimery] "When you say full blown do you mean a feature for feature remake of X but for iOS?"

Yes. Feature parity with the ability to move a Library back and forth between it and a desktop version. You already have iMovie for the iPad, so no more crippleware is needed.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Andrew Kimery
on Sep 10, 2015 at 5:25:25 pm

[Oliver Peters] "Yes. Feature parity with the ability to move a Library back and forth between it and a desktop version. You already have iMovie for the iPad, so no more crippleware is needed.
"

Sounds unlike Apple though to build and maintain a copy of FCP X for OSX/Intel and a parallel copy of FCP X for iOS/ARM. I'm not a programmer though so maybe for Apple taking an app from one platform to the other is as simple as hitting a "port to iOS" button. Maybe there's a way to make a 'universal' version that runs on both platforms? If that's possible I could certainly see Apple doing that once the iPad Pro became powerful enough to run FCP X smoothly enough to meet Apple's standards.

Return to posts index

Dan Stewart
on Sep 11, 2015 at 12:54:52 am

Some sort of special help group you're thinking of starting?
If you want a good deal on an old 2nd rate Wacom and an undepowered laptop I can sort you out..

Return to posts index

Dennis Radeke
on Sep 11, 2015 at 11:55:42 am

[Oliver Peters] "It seems like an obvious direction. Will we see an optimized and fullblown version of FCP X running on iPad Pro? Complete with touch and Pencil support?"

Agreed.

[Oliver Peters] "Or will Adobe be there first?"

We can run Premiere Pro on a Surface Pro. It's not like editing on a desktop but the experience is improving and I would call it adequate at the moment. We remain committed to a cross platform editing experience.

Dennis - Adobe guy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]