FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Pro X Audio Export issue

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew Cook
Final Cut Pro X Audio Export issue
on Jul 26, 2015 at 3:00:13 pm

I'm using Final Cut Pro X to make a video with piano music. The audio sounds great in Final Cut but when I export it sounds terrible - phased, volume variances, just awful. I assume I'm missing something very basic here but I don't know what it is. Any suggestions? I've looked for tutorials on the subject but haven't found anything helpful.

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
Re: Final Cut Pro X Audio Export issue
on Jul 26, 2015 at 5:16:30 pm

Issues like phasing come up when you are adding audio signals together mathematically.
Did you record in mono or multitrack?
Have you collapsed your audio or are you trying to maintain a stereo image?
Unlike most NLEs, X allows EMBEDDED audio muxed into a single embedded display PLUS audio separated from the video in discrete tracks.

So managing audio can be a bit of a challenge to those with ONLY track-based experience.

Look up "Split apart audio"and "expand audio" in the context of X to get a look at how the system works.

Personally, I've seldom found that my desire to preserving a stereo field is worth the potential complexity of electing to work in other than a simple MONO mix whenever possible. Too much opportunity for problems in poorly setup playback environments. YMMV.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]