FORUMS: list search recent posts

Updating Projects and Events to 10.2.1

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sherril Schlesinger
Updating Projects and Events to 10.2.1
on Jul 19, 2015 at 8:32:20 am

Hi,

A client just dropped off a drive with an "easy" fix on X, however his projects are from a previous version of X and I cannot update his Project/Events. I have placed them on an external drive in a
Final Cut Projects
and a
Final Cut Events
folder.....and when I navigate via LOCATE from File > Update Projects and Events.....I get a message that says
"Final Cut Pro" could not find any projects or events to update"

Does anybody have a clue what I am doing wrong.
This "easy" fix has taken way too long and I haven't even be able to open the project!!

Thanks
Sherril

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Updating Projects and Events to 10.2.1
on Jul 19, 2015 at 3:04:24 pm

Make sure the events and projects match in their respective folders. This thread may help: https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/344/26709

Also as a bit of business advice: when an easy fix turns out to not be, it's wise to inform your client their project may involve more $ before taking tons of extra time to actually accomplish it.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
Call Box Training

Return to posts index

Sherril Schlesinger
on Jul 21, 2015 at 1:30:53 am

Hi Noah,

I got the Projects and Events to update but all of the media was offline! When I tried relinking it wouldn't because the "attributes" were different. I've run into this before! I found it very useful that I could override that dialog in 7.....is there a work around in X when that happens?

Thanks
Sherril

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Jul 21, 2015 at 3:12:11 am

It depends on the media. If it is identical it should reconnect. If it's not- well... it would be good to track down where it's different.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
Call Box Training

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]