FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCPro X 10.2.1 missing files, but are not missing

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Doug King
FCPro X 10.2.1 missing files, but are not missing
on Jul 5, 2015 at 8:49:00 am

Hi All,

I am totally stuck.. I have a DCP X Library with a completed project in it. I decided to go back and add one more scene a few months later.

But I am finding in some of the Events it is showing files missing. But if I look at the file info it shows the Original/Optimized/proxy files are all green for connected and if I right click reveal in finder it takes me right to the clip. I must add also when I select clip and click relink it shows the file on all but not on missing.

I did do this project a while ago, and can't remember if I tried to consolidate or note and may have messed up there. but all the files seem to be where the need to be.

Please Please can some one help?

Return to posts index

Ronny Courtens
Re: FCPro X 10.2.1 missing files, but are not missing
on Jul 5, 2015 at 10:50:35 am

Hi Doug,

Try this:

Group-select the "missing" files, then choose File > Relink Files. In the Relink Files window click the "All" button instead of "Missing". This will show the "missing" files in the relink browser. Then Locate and Relink.

- Ronny

Return to posts index

Doug King
on Jul 5, 2015 at 11:00:42 am

Hi Ronny,

Tried that, it finds the supposed missing files, relinks them but still nothing.. I'm almost certain its human error but what I did, I can't be sure it was so long ago.

I know this is going to be an issue to solve with out being able to see whats going on your end. Everything seems to point that its there, but being able to actually see the clip, only the missing file RED error msg.

I have just upgraded the software but cant see how that could be an issue.

Return to posts index

Gary Huff
on Jul 5, 2015 at 4:24:29 pm

[Doug King] "Tried that, it finds the supposed missing files, relinks them but still nothing.. I'm almost certain its human error but what I did, I can't be sure it was so long ago. "

Could it be that you used a plugin on one of the clips in your timeline that is no longer installed?

Return to posts index

Ronny Courtens
on Jul 5, 2015 at 5:11:56 pm

Gary made a good point. Can you post a screenshot of the red warning on one of these clips so we can see if this is actually a missing clip warning or not?

- Ronny

Return to posts index

Arjen van Eijk
on May 25, 2016 at 2:41:06 pm

Hi, I know this is an old thread but I had this exact same issue and solved it.
I found out I put some effects over clips (a LUT in this case) and this LUT was only installed on my macbook but not on my new iMac. So it could indeed find the clip (on the project harddrive), but not the LUT; making it 'missing'.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]