FORUMS: list search recent posts

Resolve 12 editing demos

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Oliver Peters
Resolve 12 editing demos
on Jul 2, 2015 at 11:00:35 pm

In case you haven't run across these on the web yet, here are two user group presentations of Resolve 12's new capabilities (especially editing).

Orlando Post Pros - Orlando (demo artist - Jason Druss, BMD)

Mopictive - NYC (demo artist - Alexis Van Hurkman, BMD - starts about 45 min. in)

- Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

David Mathis
Re: Resolve 12 editing demos
on Jul 2, 2015 at 11:40:54 pm

Thanks for posting. This eager beaver wants to get his paws on it the day it comes out. Not replacing X at the moment and no immediate plans to do so. Hoping to see someone demonstrate Fusion next.

Return to posts index

Charlie Austin
on Jul 2, 2015 at 11:51:11 pm

[David Mathis] "Not replacing X at the moment"

I bet R12 will be quite good, but if you're used to the magnetic timeline, and like it, nothing with tracks is gonna really make you happy. :-)

-------------------------------------------------------------

~ My FCPX Babbling blog ~
~"It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools."~
~"The function you just attempted is not yet implemented"~

Return to posts index

Andrew Kimery
on Jul 2, 2015 at 11:55:05 pm

Any news on release date?

Return to posts index

Charlie Austin
on Jul 3, 2015 at 12:10:53 am

[Andrew Kimery] "ny news on release date?"

I think it was supposed to be sometime this month?

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Jul 3, 2015 at 12:33:39 am

[Charlie Austin] "I think it was supposed to be sometime this month?"

They say a public beta this month and the actual release version soon thereafter.

- Oliver

Orlando, FL

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Jul 3, 2015 at 6:02:19 am

Thanks Oliver.It's great to see how many early questions of mine are answered regarding outputting AAF audio, improved tracking & keying plus all the editing improvements. Plus audio clip & track automatable control, VST plugins etc

Still to see is if OFX plugins are going to be running better than in 11. I am using 11 currently as the total finishing tool on a doco series which was all r3d with AVID using proxies and apart from some AAF import issues I can totally finish with one final exception. Stabilizing. So the 3d tracker may be the answer to better internal stabilizing rather than bump out to Pr for Warp stabilize.

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Jul 4, 2015 at 7:59:57 pm

[Charlie Austin] "but if you're used to the magnetic timeline, and like it, nothing with tracks is gonna really make you happy. :-)"
+1

It would be like going back to razor blades and a splicing block. lol... I could never see myself editing with tracks again.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Jul 4, 2015 at 8:13:53 pm

[John Rofrano] "[Charlie Austin] "but if you're used to the magnetic timeline, and like it, nothing with tracks is gonna really make you happy. :-)"
+1

It would be like going back to razor blades and a splicing block. lol... I could never see myself editing with tracks again.

~jr"

Yes, however did we cope with tracks before Apple gave us the magnetic timeline?

I prefer the timeline in FCPX but going back to tracks is absolutely no big deal at all.

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Jul 4, 2015 at 9:30:16 pm

Agreed! Tracks are nothing like cutting and splicing open reel tape with a razor blade. Had to do that in school once, made me appreciate Using DAW such as Pro Tools, kept me sane.

Nothing wrong with tracks!

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Jul 5, 2015 at 2:02:48 am

[David Mathis] " Tracks are nothing like cutting and splicing open reel tape with a razor blade."

Funny. I've done a lot of 1/4" audio splicing and really enjoyed it. It's the same sort of tactile interaction with the media that film editors liked about cutting on film.

- Oliver

Orlando, FL

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
on Jul 5, 2015 at 2:45:05 am

[Oliver Peters] "Funny. I've done a lot of 1/4" audio splicing and really enjoyed it."

Quarter-inch tape and razor blades is what I think of most fondly, and most quintessentially "editing," even more than when I cut film.

You kids are welcome on my lawn, btw. Just don't try to talk to me about what you call editing. LOL

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Jul 3, 2015 at 6:59:36 am

Oliver,

Any mention of integration between Resolve and Fusion?

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
on Jul 3, 2015 at 12:37:53 pm

Nice new tools, love the homage to Final Cut Legacy but with the current FCPX look :)

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Jul 3, 2015 at 8:16:14 pm

The trimming tools are solid and far out! A touch of classic FCP and X is something that is just insane in a very good way. No magnetic timeline, but at least it has tracks! I have a feeling Adobe Premiere Pro is facing serious competition.

Return to posts index

Lance Bachelder
on Jul 3, 2015 at 10:17:09 pm

I agree - really excited to test 12 out and have high hopes! While I love FCPX and love cutting on my new Mac Pro and Thunderbolt RAIDs I would actually make the switch back to Windows if Resolve is as good as I hope. Why? Power and Speed! Consider that the TitanX GPU is twice as powerful as my dual D700's and I have a workstation just standing by to add the card to. Then is 6 months, when the next gen CPUs and GPUs hit I just swap them out. Otherwise I'm waiting for Apple to release an newer Mac Pro and spend another 6 grand? I don't think so...

Here's hoping.

It was at a Vegas premiere that I resolved to become an avid FCPX user.

Lance Bachelder
Writer, Editor, Director
Downtown Long Beach, California
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1680680/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

Return to posts index

Charlie Austin
on Jul 3, 2015 at 11:43:43 pm

[Lance Bachelder] "I would actually make the switch back to Windows if Resolve is as good as I hope. Why? Power and Speed!"

Based on where R11 is, my guess is you may have to wait for R13 for that move, but who knows. Seems like "new" NLE's need about 4 years to bake before they're done. ;-)

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Jul 4, 2015 at 6:42:38 am

Perhaps the next version of Resolve will have 3D text. That is an important feature, no editing software is complete without it! ;-)

I think Resolve is going to beat FCP X in terms of keyframing and trimming. On the other hand look at the power Motion has for building transitions or effects. Would be nice to see doing something like that with Fusion and Resolve.

Return to posts index

Warren Eig
on Jul 4, 2015 at 5:52:42 pm

If it would just support my Kona 4... :(

Warren Eig
O 310-470-0905

email: warren@babyboompictures.com

REEL: http://www.babyboompictures.com/BabyBoomPictures/Reels.html

For Camera Accessories - Monitors and Batteries

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Jul 4, 2015 at 5:54:54 pm

[Warren Eig] "If it would just support my Kona 4... :("

Ain't ever gonna happen. Although surprisingly, SpeedGrade CC works with BMD hardware now.

- Oliver

Orlando, FL

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Jul 6, 2015 at 1:47:37 am

[David Mathis]"Perhaps the next version of Resolve will have 3D text. That is an important feature, no editing software is complete without it! ;-)"

I have 3D text in Resolve already with the Boris CC OFX plugins. Haven't used them but I can sleep at night knowing I am not lacking such an important feature set.:)

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Jul 3, 2015 at 1:17:57 pm

[David Mathis] "Any mention of integration between Resolve and Fusion?"

Not really. Fusion certainly won't be integrated into Resolve 12. I'm not sure if it ever will. BMD hasn't said anything one way or the other. But if it were to be, then it would be at least a couple of versions down the road.

The one caveat to this is that EyeOn already developed the Connect plug-in for Media Composer. So possibly having an OFC version of this would allow you to send a clip from the Resolve timeline to Fusion for effects and processing. This plug-in is still available to Media Composer users with the paid version of Fusion and is included with the Avid DNxIO (Avid-branded version of Ultrastudio 4K).

- Oliver

Orlando, FL

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Jul 6, 2015 at 1:50:50 am

[David Mathis] "Any mention of integration between Resolve and Fusion?"

[Oliver Peters] Not really. Fusion certainly won't be integrated into Resolve 12

One of the Blackmagic people in the vids mentions that Fusion developers are so busy with the Mac version of Fusion that how it may integrate with Resolve is not the current priority. But Blackmagic are not stupid and a level of integration with Resolve was an obvious reason for buying Fusion.

So I see it as a matter of when not if.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jul 6, 2015 at 8:36:13 pm

Is there any information on the multi-user workflow in either of these?

Return to posts index

Charlie Austin
on Jul 7, 2015 at 12:14:09 am

[Jeremy Garchow] "Is there any information on the multi-user workflow in either of these?"

I believe it's the same as 11. Shared Projects can be opened read only by others. Or you can open projects in collaborative mode... One "owner", multiple collaborators. Owner can change the timeline and manage media, others can color, edit metadata etc. and publish changes.

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Jul 10, 2015 at 8:25:07 pm

This eager beaver cannot wait to get his paws on the new version and on Fusion. Hoping it will be soon otherwise I might end up like this:

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]