FORUMS: list search recent posts

Steve Jobs and Randy Ubillos and FCP X.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill Davis
Steve Jobs and Randy Ubillos and FCP X.
on Jun 29, 2015 at 6:41:06 pm
Last Edited By Bill Davis on Jun 29, 2015 at 6:44:45 pm

You may have already heard about it, but for those of you who enjoy editing in FCP X - easily the most emotional moment from Alex Gollners on-stage interview with Randy Ubillos at the Supermeetup in San Jose was Randy recounting the last time he talked with Steve Jobs.

We hear a lot of stuff about how demanding and exacting Mr. Jobs could be, so Imagine hearing this from him... (I'm condensing and paraphrising obviously- not quoting)

Steve Jobs to Randy Ubillos - "what's going on with he X rollout?" - Randy explaining some of the issues, when Steve Jobs interrupted him to ask "Do you believe in this software?" To which Randy replied "I do" and Steve replying "Then so do I"

Just imagine hearing that directly from Steve Jobs.

Clearly now that Mr. Ubillos has retired from Apple, he is little bit more public. Perhaps he even scans the Cow, if so, I hope I got this right.

But I just had to pass this along, because it was so powerful. Virtually everyone I hung with in San Jose was talking about it afterwards.

I've seen lots of young folks on set directing the THINGs that make video. Cameras, microphones, lights, etc.

The world changers - they direct (and motivate and inspire!) people.

Big lesson there.

(what a GREAT weekend it was!)

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

David Mathis
Re: Steve Jobs and Randy Ubillos and FCP X.
on Jul 4, 2015 at 9:34:41 pm

Was unable to attend but thank you for this tid bit of information. Granted, back in the day when X came into existence I was stunned. Well, over the years I have come to appreciate the software. Sure, it's not perfect but then again no software is. Just how the ball bounces on the golf course green.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]