FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio issues driving me berserk! Any ideas?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Veitch
Audio issues driving me berserk! Any ideas?
on Jun 26, 2015 at 3:35:56 pm

Hi there,
I have some audio problems. I've got automatically synchronised clips and have been editing with them but half way through I discovered that some of the clips sound very different. The audio sounds different to the original audio on the audio files.I'm having difficulty explaining it so I made a video:

If you need more info from me, please just ask; I'm at my wit's end trying to work out what's wrong.
All best wishes,
James.

Return to posts index

Jerome Raim
Re: Audio issues driving me berserk! Any ideas?
on Jun 26, 2015 at 4:58:08 pm

It appears that your "problematic" clip is MVI_2713, not MVI_2713 - Synchronized Clip. I think you're listening to the original clip, not your synchronized one.

Make a keyword collection to group all synchronized clips so as not to confuse yourself between the original clips and their synchronized counterparts. Also temporarily put yourself in list mode to manage your assets more easily.

Jerome Raim
Post-Production
JeromeRaim.com

Return to posts index

Jeff Kirkland
on Jun 28, 2015 at 12:04:49 am

I agree - that sounds like you are listening to the original audio. If you are certain you;re listening to the right clip try using open in timeline on the clip on the browser just to check that it has actually synchronised and added the replacement audio.

Jeff Kirkland | Video Producer | Southern Creative Media | Melbourne Australia
http://www.southerncreative.com.au | G+: http://gplus.to/jeffkirkland | Twitter: @jeffkirkland

Return to posts index

Ronny Courtens
on Jun 28, 2015 at 5:50:56 am

Correct, gents. Just to let you know the problem has been solved by e-mail. I told the OP to create a Smart Collection for synchronized clips, to make sure he could not confuse the synchronized clips with the original ones in the browser. He took it from here.

- Ronny

Return to posts index

Jerome Raim
on Jun 29, 2015 at 3:32:43 pm

I can imagine the problem stemming from the fact that the user assumed if he were to select all audio and video clips, FCP X would figure out and generate multiple synchronized clips for each video&audio pairing.

That's why I'm a fan of creating a multicam clip for a specific camera setup as it allows one convenient synchronized string out of video and audio, even if when there's only one camera.

When I did use the synchronized clip method for hundred of takes, I ended up writing an applescript macro to help automate the process.

Jerome Raim
Post-Production
JeromeRaim.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]