FORUMS: list search recent posts

OT: PremiereCC...one would assume...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Witthaus
OT: PremiereCC...one would assume...
on Jun 25, 2015 at 2:52:43 pm

(rant on)

Besides being a PoS interface (and editor, slow PoS in my humble opinion only), Premiere CC 2014 has decided to crash EVERY time I try to launch it. After Effects CC 2014 (similar PoS interface, but does really cool shit) launches fine on the same system (as does Photoshop and Illustrator). Simply trying to send an AE text effect template to Pr, but no, the PoS on the same system will not launch. Today. This past weekend, it launched fine. Trashed prefs, all the normal stuff. Nervous about the upgrade waiting there because I need AE to work. Reports sent to Adobe of course come back with no solution, not that I expect any. One would think that if one of the CC package works fine on a system, they all should. Call me crazy...

After this summer project is over, I swear I am never using Pr unless they double my rate. Luckily I have convinced one Pr shop to install X in the suite I four-wall. One at a time....

(rant off)

ok, I feel better now. ;-) I have trashed all vestiges of CS6, trashed prefs, repaired permissions, etc. Only Premiere does not launch. AE, Ps and Ai launch fine. Thoughts?

oh, and I post here cause there seems to be more Adobe presence on this, supposedly, X forum than there is on the Premiere forums.

Scott Witthaus
Senior Editor/Post Production Supervisor
1708 Inc./Editorial
Professor, VCU Brandcenter

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
Re: OT: PremiereCC...one would assume...
on Jun 25, 2015 at 3:01:28 pm

[Scott Witthaus] "Only Premiere does not launch. AE, Ps and Ai launch fine. Thoughts?"

As a test, move or remove all the third-party plug-ins from Premiere and AE. IIRC, in CC2014, these are in Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/Plug-Ins/ version number /MediaCore (or close). Do a complete shut down (pull power to the Mac). Restart and launch. See if that helps.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Scott Witthaus
on Jun 25, 2015 at 3:33:57 pm

[Oliver Peters] "As a test, move or remove all the third-party plug-ins from Premiere and AE."

Now if I did not add any third party plugins, are they still part of the CC package?

Scott Witthaus
1708 Inc./Editorial

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Jun 25, 2015 at 3:09:01 pm

[Scott Witthaus] "oh, and I post here cause there seems to be more Adobe presence on this, supposedly, X forum than there is on the Premiere forums."

If you're looking to solve this, the best place on the COW to discuss your issue would be the Premiere Pro forum [link]. If you just want to stomp on Pr a little bit and talk about how much you like FCPX better, then you are in the right place!

Also, all the COW forums are user-to-user. The Adobe people who are helping here do so outside of their actual responsibilities. If you want direct Adobe support, contact Adobe support.

But here's another suggestion which may be helpful to you:

http://blogs.adobe.com/kevinmonahan/2014/09/10/premiere-pro-cc-freezing-on-...

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
on Jun 25, 2015 at 3:23:25 pm

Double check if you really do have Premiere CC 2014.
A few months ago I had to create a new workstation and for some weird reason I had Premiere CC stuck on it even though the other apps went all in as 2014 during the upgrade.
I dont remember what I did but it took me forever to find a way to update to 2014 even with the "CLOUD" app staring laughing at me :P
I bring this up cause during the initial CC installs I noticed Premiere would just die on me at startup.
I figure maybe I needed 2014 (I just ran out of patience dealing with it I guess) so went ahead to upgrade without thinking.
Those are a few days of my life Ill never get back :P

Return to posts index

Scott Witthaus
on Jun 25, 2015 at 3:29:43 pm

[Walter Soyka] "the best place on the COW to discuss your issue would be the Premiere Pro forum [link]"

Actually Walter, I have found this "X" forum more responsive.

Scott Witthaus
1708 Inc./Editorial

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Jun 25, 2015 at 3:41:38 pm

[Scott Witthaus] "Actually Walter, I have found this "X" forum more responsive."

Or not :) I don't see any posts from you in the Premiere forum.

There are lots of people including myself who are happy to try to help you, but this is specifically not a techniques/troubleshooting forum. There are a lot more regular Premiere users who help other users with stuff like this daily in the Premiere forum. But I really don't mean to be the forum police, so I'll bow out of that part of the conversation and just get back to trying to help you get running again.

Any luck with the suggestions so far?

Walter Soyka

Return to posts index

Scott Witthaus
on Jun 25, 2015 at 3:51:41 pm

[Walter Soyka] "Or not :) I don't see any posts from you in the Premiere forum."

Like I said, I have found this forum more responsive. Both the Premiere forum and the AE forums are quite slow. Look how fast I got suggestions (and opinions) here. ;-)

[Walter Soyka] "But I really don't mean to be the forum police, so I'll bow out of that part of the conversation"

I think thats a conversation of one! I just want Premiere to work. Got any ideas?

Scott Witthaus
1708 Inc./Editorial

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Jun 25, 2015 at 3:56:08 pm

[Scott Witthaus] "Both the Premiere forum and the AE forums are quite slow. Look how fast I got suggestions (and opinions) here. ;-)"

Are you talking about the COW forums? The Ae forum is actually where I spend the bulk of my COW time, and most posts get a response within a few hours.

[Scott Witthaus] "I just want Premiere to work. Got any ideas?"

See my original post above. This is commonly a permissions issue:

http://blogs.adobe.com/kevinmonahan/2014/09/10/premiere-pro-cc-freezing-on-...

Walter Soyka

Return to posts index

Scott Witthaus
on Jun 25, 2015 at 3:59:00 pm

[Walter Soyka] "See my original post above. This is commonly a permissions issue:"

Negative. Still crashing on startup. Thanks though.

sw

Scott Witthaus
1708 Inc./Editorial

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Jun 25, 2015 at 4:03:31 pm

[Scott Witthaus] "Negative. Still crashing on startup. Thanks though."

What's the last thing you see initalizing when it crashes?

Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling?

Walter Soyka

Return to posts index

Kevin Monahan
on Jun 25, 2015 at 5:49:56 pm
Last Edited By Kevin Monahan on Jun 25, 2015 at 5:51:39 pm

Hello Scott,

[Scott Witthaus] Premiere CC 2014 has decided to crash EVERY time I try to launch it.

Sorry to hear that.

[Scott Witthaus] Reports sent to Adobe of course come back with no solution, not that I expect any.

Were you filing feedback here?: http://adobe.ly/feature_request
We don't respond to every bug report or feature request, but we do read them all. Sometimes we will reach out, though.

My suggestion is to chat with support here: http://bit.ly/adobe-support

Click the blue button and get a chat going. Ask the chat agent to connect you with an agent from "the video queue." These are our agents that are trained in troubleshooting Adobe digital video products. The video queue is open M-F 7AM-7PM PST. Please make sure that you are speaking with a video queue agent. I am responsible for the quality of service you get from these agents. Feel free to contact me if you don't get your problem solved.

[Scott Witthaus] "I have trashed all vestiges of CS6, trashed prefs, repaired permissions, etc. Only Premiere does not launch. AE, Ps and Ai launch fine. Thoughts?"

CS6? I thought you were having trouble with CC 2014. Which version are you actually using?

[Scott Witthaus] oh, and I post here cause there seems to be more Adobe presence on this, supposedly, X forum than there is on the Premiere forums.

While we at Adobe would prefer to help you in a section of the Cow (or our forums) where there are other Premiere Pro experts who can help you, we are also willing to meet our customers wherever they need help.

Thanks,
Kevin

Return to posts index

Trevor Asquerthian
on Jun 26, 2015 at 4:20:55 am

Sorry to hear you having issues. For balance, in this non-adobe place, I've been doing my first 'real' job on CC2014.2 the past few weeks and it has been superb, much better than I expected.

For PPro I've found that the Facebook group 'moving to premiere pro' to be about the most user-responsive place, also the forums.adobe.com can be good.

I can also attest that Adobe do respond to bug reports/feature requests and do implement them.

Now if I can get someone to offer paid work on fcpx, I'll be all over it...

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
on Jun 26, 2015 at 12:28:05 pm

[Trevor Asquerthian] "I can also attest that Adobe do respond to bug reports/feature requests and do implement them."

That wasnt the case during the my CC 3 debacle :P

Im not sure who/where the crash reports were sent too but after a few hundred crashes in AE I got a little constructive with my comments.

I wasnt banned or reported from Adobe sites so I take it they either dont listen or Im just 1 in million then :P

Return to posts index

Dennis Radeke
on Jun 27, 2015 at 12:24:22 pm

Scott,

Just my own well mannered opinion, but you might try to keep it classy. Anyone who monitors these forums knows where your opinion (and heart) is. And we're all okay with that. However, you might do it in a way that is poignant rather than inflammatory. The old saying, "you get more bees with honey," is probably appropriate here.

Sure, there are others who have a level of disrespect for your chosen tool, but I don't seem to recall them calling it a PoS. And if they did, you needn't stoop to that level.

Continue to be honest and voice your opinions and ideas - I just suggest a manner becoming of your intellect.

Return to posts index

Scott Witthaus
on Jun 27, 2015 at 12:39:12 pm

Dennis, you are probably right.

However, you were not sitting in my chair watching the product crash on every launch attempt. Had you been, you might have used that or even more colorful language. I toned down what I was really saying while sitting in front of the machine. I am a born New Yorker, so you can imagine the adjectives I was throwing about. And I put the "rant-on/rant off" memo in front of my comments. That just tells everyone that, yes, this is a rant about something. Turn away if you don't want to read it, especially after seeing the Post topic line from me. I would hope that if I crossed some line, Tim would have removed my post and cut me off from this forum. Quite honestly I have seen much worse from a few anti-X folks here.

So thats my opinion, like it or not. Per Walter and Kevin, I have posted this issue over on the Premiere forums with a disclaimer about my thoughts.

Sorry you had a problem with my tone on your product, but as I stated, had you been sitting in the chair you might have posted a very similar thing.

regards -

Scott

Scott Witthaus
1708 Inc./Editorial

Return to posts index

Scott Thomas
on Jun 27, 2015 at 7:10:52 pm

Scott,

You'll probably want to post in the regular "Adobe Premiere Pro" forum and not the "basics" one. Sorry I can't help you, I make do with CS6.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]