FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mac Yosemite not importing Sony CX550 media - Any suggestions?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carson Church
Mac Yosemite not importing Sony CX550 media - Any suggestions?
on Jun 15, 2015 at 5:35:55 pm

Hey yall!

Newbbie here.

I just updated my 2008 MacBook Pro to Yosemite 10.10.3 and updated my Final Cut Pro X to 10.2

This is where everything got messed up.,

I use 3 camera when shooting for my band. My GoPro, Canon, and Iphone media all imports with no problems and bouncing them has no issues either.

When trying to import my Sony CX550 footage it gets about 90% done then says it "cant import media". The files are still in my library and i can play them and add them to my timeline. Once the files get added to the timeline, i am no longer able to share the video. Also when i close the program and re-open FCPX it says media is missing.

Even projects that i have bounced before are now not letting me export them, and is saying "Media off line" for files that have never been moved or changed.

I have tried re-installing FCPX 2 times now and it keeps giving me these problems.

I also tried to compress the files with Mac Compressor but had no luck. Before i updated i had no issues using this camera of the footage from it. Im not too good with this program or other compressor's so i might be doing it wrong.

Any help would be greatly appricaited.

Thanks!

Pics:

When i try and upload from camera:

When trying to export with Sony Movie in it:

How my Canon and GoPro Footage looks - No Problems with this:

How Sony Footage Looks - Notice the camera icon on the bottom of the previews:

When i try and Analyze/ Fix Media it gives me this window:

Return to posts index

David Gregorio
Re: Mac Yosemite not importing Sony CX550 media - Any suggestions?
on Jun 16, 2015 at 11:13:57 pm

You might try installing the play/view software from Sony's support site.
I've updated FCPX in the past without updating the Sony XDCAM drivers(our format) and had similar results.
I'm not sure if the sony software "PlayMemories Home for Mac Version 2.3" will actually do any conversion or exporting, but there's a chance that it will install the drivers that FCPX needs. It looks like it was updated recently.
Also, make sure you are running apples most recent pro video codecs.

Pro Video Formats 2.0.1 - Apple
https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1396
Apple Inc.
Apr 13, 2015 - Pro Video Formats 2.0.1. Download. This update includes support for the following professional video codecs: • Apple Intermediate Codec

I found the "Playmemories for home" software w/ a google search.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]