FORUMS: list search recent posts

10.21 Screen redraw issues

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mitch Ives
10.21 Screen redraw issues
on Jun 12, 2015 at 5:44:10 pm

I've been dealing with this strange phenomenon of audio waveforms not redrawing properly, but today I saw something new and quite strange with separate audio tracks.. All of the separate audio tracks are in the same row below the video tracks. Yet depending on how you are zoomed in, it redraws part of them to be on a row below. Here's the correct view:

Then you hit Cmd-minus once (zoom out) and you get this image with the external audio split into two rows:

Hit Cmd-plus once (zoom in) and you're back to this image:

Anybody else getting this? It could be related to the overall step backward that we've taken with correct audio waveform redraw?

Mitch Ives
Insight Productions Corp.

"Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things." - Winston Churchill

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: 10.21 Screen redraw issues
on Jun 12, 2015 at 7:35:36 pm

I've been cutting tons of audio in 10.2.1 and haven't seen that. Have you trashed prefs, redownloaded the app and cleared renders? That sort of stuff is generally cruft that is system cache specific.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
Call Box Training

Return to posts index

Mitch Ives
on Jun 12, 2015 at 8:11:59 pm

[Noah Kadner] "I've been cutting tons of audio in 10.2.1 and haven't seen that. "

Audio that's separate from the audio that's associated with the video clip?

[Noah Kadner] "Have you trashed prefs, redownloaded the app and cleared renders? That sort of stuff is generally cruft that is system cache specific."

Unfortunately, I'm seeing it on another machine. I think it's something Apple will have to address...

Mitch Ives

"Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things." - Winston Churchill

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Jun 12, 2015 at 8:13:46 pm

Yep I recommend filing a feedback report with your findings to Apple.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
Call Box Training

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Jun 12, 2015 at 8:05:36 pm
Last Edited By Bill Davis on Jun 12, 2015 at 8:06:50 pm

Mitch, had the exact same thing happen to me about 8 months ago. (Likely in X 10.1 back then?)
After that one occurance, it just went away. Haven't seen it since.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

Mitch Ives
on Jun 12, 2015 at 8:18:13 pm

[Bill Davis] "Mitch, had the exact same thing happen to me about 8 months ago. (Likely in X 10.1 back then?)
After that one occurance, it just went away. Haven't seen it since."

Thanks Bill, at least I'm not losing my mind. It's not a killer... just annoying. My real beef is how the audio waveforms frequently don't redraw unless to zoom in or zoom out to force them to redraw. I'd really like that fixed...

Mitch Ives

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Jun 12, 2015 at 10:35:41 pm

I've seen that quite a lot over the years. I think it happens when you have a lot of tiny audio clips. I guess it has something to do with a minimum size that it can visually squish them all together and still draw the connections. Maybe try turning off displaying connections and see if they snap back into place? But since there aren't any tracks they don't really have a place. Any visual organizing you do of audio is sorta subject to X moving around as it sees fit as you move, copy, paste, etc. I've seen some weird stuff happen with audio clips vertically. Still I'd report it as a bug if it bugs you. The redraw is obviously a bug as well.

Return to posts index

Eugeny Korkhin
on Jun 12, 2015 at 10:55:15 pm

I see this all the time, and not only with audio, but with video as well. It constantly happens to small pieces of video that are not on the primary storyline. Once you zoom out it jumps vertically. Grouping into secondary helps but that is still annoying. 10.0.x then 10.1.x and now 10.2.x.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]