Mark Suszko
What news from the mac event today?
on Jun 8, 2015 at 6:42:12 pm

So...?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: What news from the mac event today?
on Jun 8, 2015 at 6:56:48 pm

This year's keynote was almost entirely FCPX, with just ten little minutes devoted to Motion and only a few nods to Compressor. Crazy....

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
Call Box Training

Return to posts index

John Davidson
on Jun 8, 2015 at 7:13:15 pm

I thought the part where he edited multi-cam 6k on his watch was impressive. iWatch Pro looks great.

John Davidson | President / Creative Director | Magic Feather Inc.

Return to posts index

John Davidson
on Jun 8, 2015 at 7:14:52 pm

Joking aside, apparently Adobe is promising to support Metal (graphics engine) with Creative Cloud and getting 50% faster renders. I'll believe it when I see it.

John Davidson | President / Creative Director | Magic Feather Inc.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Jun 8, 2015 at 7:28:53 pm

OS Andreias looks promising

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jun 8, 2015 at 7:35:51 pm

The Captain.

It's all you need to know. It's all anyone needs to know.

That, and Swift2 is open source, not limited to iOS development, and can be used on Linux.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Jun 8, 2015 at 7:45:03 pm

[Jeremy Garchow] "The Captain. It's all you need to know. It's all anyone needs to know."

Best OS name ever?

[Jeremy Garchow] "That, and Swift2 is open source, not limited to iOS development, and can be used on Linux."

It would be great to see this with Metal, too. I'm curious how easy it will be to target cross-platform Vulkan [link] and Mac-only Metal from the same codebase.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Jun 8, 2015 at 8:05:16 pm
Last Edited By David Mathis on Jun 8, 2015 at 9:31:25 pm

I guess the new OS X will finally put FCP Studio out to pasture for good. Still have the box, the discs and Shake. Just now waiting for Resolve 12 and Fusion to come out. I hope there will be improved playback performance.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Jun 8, 2015 at 8:16:44 pm

Curious if the "Metal" graphics engine will be incorporated into Motion and FCPX or text and other effects.

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Jun 8, 2015 at 8:25:43 pm

[Mark Suszko] "Curious if the "Metal" graphics engine will be incorporated into Motion and FCPX or text and other effects."

If it isn't I would worry about the future for FCPX!

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Jun 8, 2015 at 9:32:14 pm

Interesting that Adobe After Effects was shown and no mention how it might impact Apple's own apps. I suspect that's because WWDC is geared towards third party developers. Apple probably isn't inclined to reveal how they're using such technology internally.

Return to posts index

Dennis Radeke
on Jun 8, 2015 at 10:45:51 pm

[John Davidson] " I'll believe it when I see it."

I'm okay with that skepticism but I am hopeful and this article offers some encouraging signs.

http://petapixel.com/2015/06/08/apple-os-x-el-capitan-to-improve-the-perfor...

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Jun 9, 2015 at 5:27:20 am

Time will tell, but cautiously optimistic.

Return to posts index

Chris Harlan
on Jun 9, 2015 at 9:55:37 pm

Troublemakah!

Return to posts index

Tom Sefton
on Jun 8, 2015 at 8:26:04 pm

No hardware updates.

A little bit disappointing - was hoping that the thunderbolt 3 news was about to herald a big new release.....

Co-owner at Pollen Studio
http://www.pollenstudio.co.uk

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Jun 8, 2015 at 9:30:22 pm

Hardware is usually referenced in relation to software development. Either Thunderbolt 3 doesn't require much in the way of new software development or at least not enough to give it attention.

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Jun 8, 2015 at 9:43:58 pm

My heart rate slightly increased when Tim Cook mentioned Vimeo. I guess I need an Apple Watch in order to track how much. ; )

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
on Jun 8, 2015 at 9:55:15 pm

[Craig Seeman] "WWDC is geared towards third party developers."

Good observation! The "D" stands for DEVELOPERS. World wide DEVELOPERS conference.

Things got a little fuzzy when Apple first stopped going to MacWorld, and needed a platform for the equivalent of the keynotes Steve used to do there.

And indeed, some years, new hardware platforms ARE the big news for developers....but in general, expecting Apple to talk more about itself than about opportunities for its third-party partners isn't really in keeping with the nature of the event.

Last year, for example, the big news was HealthKit (yes, for watches too), HandOff, QuickType, Family Sharing, a new look for Yosemite, and updates to iOS, Photos and Siri.

I didn't remember any of this except for HealthKit. Did you? Here's the rundown that I just now looked up.

So this one sounds pretty much exactly like what recent history would have suggested.

Return to posts index

Rick Lang
on Jun 9, 2015 at 7:30:19 pm

Tim Wilson:
"So this one sounds pretty much exactly like what recent history would have suggested."

I for one miss the days when the WWDC was a forward-looking view to look at platform change to come. The June 2013 WWDC announced the new Mac Pro that was released December 18, 2013. Maybe WWDC 2016 will have something significant to say about the next Mac Pro when USB-C and Skylake have made it to Xeon.

Rick Lang

iMac 27” 2.8GHz i7 16GB

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]