FORUMS: list search recent posts

I bet this person is kicking themselves right now...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam McCune
I bet this person is kicking themselves right now...
on Jul 1, 2011 at 4:11:19 pm

Oooh....

http://cgi.ebay.com/Final-Cut-Pro-7-Studio-3-FULL-RETAIL-VERSION-/110705667...

The timing, the price...if they had only waited a little bit, they could have gotten twice that price!

Writer/Radio host/Community Media Advocate

Return to posts index

Scott Sheriff
Re: I bet this person is kicking themselves right now...
on Jul 1, 2011 at 5:58:40 pm

[Adam McCune] "The timing, the price...if they had only waited a little bit, they could have gotten twice that price!"

I don't know if thats true. Are there that many folks out there that didn't have a previous version, and are starting from scratch? Even so, after seeing how apple behaves would you go with FCP, or be willing to pay a premium for the privileged? Avid extending the $995 MC price through September certianly puts somewhat of a cap on the cost of getting an NLE up and running.

It looks like there is only two real buyers, multi-seat shops and those with lower version numbers.

Apple has turned off the pipe without warning, and made it clear they have no intention of turning it back on. I think the solution for adding a license to an existing multi-seat shop is so obvious it's not worth discussing.

For guys like me running FCS2, this would have only been worth $299 prior to the embargo. Even less if you consider resellers pricing.
In a war between scalpers with NOS, and the black market entrepreneurs, I would guess the black market will probably supply these cheaper than the scalpers. Since those with a good ser# really don't need it to be in the box, or care.

Scott Sheriff
Director
http://www.sstdigitalmedia.com

I have a system, it has stuff in it, and stuff hooked to it. I have a camera, it can record stuff. I read the manuals, and know how to use this stuff and lots of other stuff too.
You should be suitably impressed...

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." ---Red Adair

Return to posts index

Adam McCune
on Jul 1, 2011 at 6:01:57 pm

I was posting it because of the shock/humor in it.

Copies are selling for 800-1200 now on ebay. This poor person sold theirs at the wrong time.

Writer/Radio host/Community Media Advocate

Return to posts index

Scott Sheriff
on Jul 1, 2011 at 6:10:33 pm

[Adam McCune] "I was posting it because of the shock/humor in it."

Sure, I get that.
But I'm sure there are some lurkers out there with NOS copies thinking they have a small treasure. I'm thinking not.

Scott Sheriff
Director

I have a system, it has stuff in it, and stuff hooked to it. I have a camera, it can record stuff. I read the manuals, and know how to use this stuff and lots of other stuff too.

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." ---Red Adair

Return to posts index

Andrew Richards
on Jul 1, 2011 at 8:42:52 pm

NOS? Please define.

Return to posts index

Scott Sheriff
on Jul 1, 2011 at 10:04:35 pm

[Andrew Richards] "NOS? Please define."

NOS, is New Old Stock. Leftover or surplus original manufacture parts.

Scott Sheriff
Director

Return to posts index

Andrew Richards
on Jul 2, 2011 at 1:11:37 pm

Gotcha. New slang to me.

Best,
Andy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]