FORUMS: list search recent posts

So I installed the Premiere demo on my Macbook Pro...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Toth
So I installed the Premiere demo on my Macbook Pro...
on Jul 1, 2011 at 3:39:04 pm

... after a relatively long download and install process, it froze, crashed with a very cryptic Windows looking error message and my laptop would not run properly the next day...

At least the one time FCP X crashed I just started it back up and continued where I left off.

LOL!! Flame away!

Return to posts index

Buddy Couch
Re: So I installed the Premiere demo on my Macbook Pro...
on Jul 1, 2011 at 3:50:01 pm

Well I am not here to flame you, but there is something else wrong. I also have a Mbp and have never had any issues with Adobe products in master collection, which includes them all except Lightroom and Acrobat pretty much.

Not sure what your issue is.

Buddy C

Return to posts index

Nick Toth
on Jul 1, 2011 at 4:12:48 pm

I'm sure it was coincidence since there was nothing wrong prior to the install. I had to laugh at the irony - all things considered!

NT

Return to posts index

Aindreas Gallagher
on Jul 1, 2011 at 4:19:44 pm

here's hoping it was a one off. Realistically, we should all be hoping quite hard that premiere takes strong leaps forward with every release from this point on.

The like, senior video manager for adobe is about four threads down answering questions about premiere if you have any..

http://www.ogallchoir.net
promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

Return to posts index

Kevin Monahan
on Jul 1, 2011 at 4:30:30 pm

It certainly is odd as I also have a MacBook Pro and don't have crashing issues. Let me know more about your system and perhaps I can help.

Kevin Monahan
Sr. Content and Community Lead
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe Systems, Inc.
Follow Me on Twitter!

Return to posts index

Chris Knight
on Jul 1, 2011 at 4:34:35 pm

[Aindreas Gallagher] "Realistically, we should all be hoping quite hard that premiere takes strong leaps forward with every release from this point on"

As someone who has used Premiere since it existed, I can honestly say it has taken strong leaps forward with every other version (the flow has always been brand new release with new features, followed by minor feature upgrades but tons of bug fixes). And there's no reason to doubt that process won't continue.

Return to posts index

Simon Ubsdell
on Jul 1, 2011 at 4:39:41 pm

[Chris Knight] " And there's no reason to doubt that process won't continue."

There seems to be a real pace and energy to the way that Adobe are moving forward with all their apps, Premiere especially, and a genuine desire both to innovate and at the same time listen to what their users really need. No real sign of anything comparable from AVID or for that matter that other company beginning with the latter A ... what was it called now? Sorry, can't remember ...

Simon Ubsdell
Director/Editor/Writer
http://www.tokyo-uk.com

Return to posts index

Aindreas Gallagher
on Jul 1, 2011 at 4:56:26 pm

yeah, they're hungry like. We pay for the software - that's a big chunk of their revenue. we get paid, they get paid. I like that.
As opposed to our current existence as unnoticed bacteria living in the armpit of the behometh named Aplha Omegahedron, or Apple humanities or whatever it is they're calling themselves.. They're off trying to bend spacetime and redefine human existence in a series of permanent exploding revolutions.
So that's me not getting the source viewer back then.

http://www.ogallchoir.net
promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

Return to posts index

Tangier Clarke
on Jul 1, 2011 at 7:00:31 pm

Totally disagree. While I believe everyone should use what works for them and I am in favor of competition, I can't say I am in favor of Adobe Premiere so readily as a result of this debacle by Apple. I really like FCPX despite it's shortcomings. I'll keep using FCP7 perhaps dabble in Premiere, and keep seeing what FCPX can and can't do at the moment. It's already been very useful and highly more productive for our tapeless workflow, but we're only testing one seat right now anyway.

Tangier

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
on Jul 1, 2011 at 4:46:18 pm

The only difference now is that if you contact Adobe Customer Support, you'll actually get an answer.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

Joe Moya
on Jul 2, 2011 at 1:12:45 am

Yep.. they will answer... and, even if they seldom speak english well enough to understand what you are asking...it does feel good for someone to answer and likely to read some pre-composed script that may or may not answer your problems.

Not to pick on Adobe only... AVID has the same issue....as well as most customer support areas for almost every software application on earth.

Return to posts index

Marcus Samuel-Gaskin
on Jul 2, 2011 at 2:04:19 am

[Joseph W. Bourke] "The only difference now is that if you contact Adobe Customer Support, you'll actually get an answer."

Ha! After about 40mins on hold, speaking on an echoey line Mumbai. You have of course, tried to licence or re-lincense Adobe products. Second Biggest PITA ever. I really mean it. Biggest one is Haemorrhoids :-)

Return to posts index

Gary Huff
on Jul 1, 2011 at 7:44:35 pm

[Nick Toth]it froze, crashed with a very cryptic Windows looking error message and my laptop would not run properly the next day...

What do you mean by "Windows looking error message"? And what do you mean by "not run properly"?

Return to posts index

Nick Toth
on Jul 2, 2011 at 1:03:22 am

I don't recall the exact error message. My laptop was unstable the next day. Some menu bar menus were not showing up (I tried repairing permissions unsuccessfully). Like I said, maybe it was just coincidence but this computer has been rock solid for several years until this particular crash. Something like that concerns me precisely because of my experience (or lack thereof) with this kind of thing.

NT

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]