FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP 10.1 transition plug ins

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sherril Schlesinger
FCP 10.1 transition plug ins
on May 29, 2015 at 11:57:58 pm

Hi Guys,

Anyone out there recommend any great 3rd party TRANSITION plug ins for FCP 10.1? I used to have a great set of transitions for FCP 7 but haven't seen anything comparable for X.

Thanks
Sherril

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
Re: FCP 10.1 transition plug ins
on May 30, 2015 at 12:17:22 am

There are bunches. Custom transitions can be made in Motion 5 and published directly to the X transitions library, so there are lots and lots floating around.

Try the FXFactory Plug-ins for a start. Alex Gollner has some on his Alex 4d site, iirc. And there are a bunch of commercial packages I'm forgetting for the moment.

Good luck.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

Sherril Schlesinger
on May 30, 2015 at 12:42:19 am

Thanks Bill -- I'll check out your recommendations!

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on May 30, 2015 at 12:52:23 am

Universe and CoreMelt have some great freebies. Digital Juice actually has a pretty deep set of transitions but the entry price is steep. But getting thousands of templates and transitions and graphic elements for $500 for life ain't bad. I've certainly gotten my money back. Problem with DJ is they're in a beta stage switching to an online service and you can't even see their site without becoming a member. Kinda moronic.

MotionVFX.com is the king daddy of FCP X plugs and templates. My favorite. They make a few sets of dedicated transition Fx that are pretty cool. I'm sure PixelFilmStudios.com has more to explore than you have time for. Xeffects has some cool freebies too. FCPeffects is a good place as well. Andy Mees, Alex4D are some other freebies.

Really is so so so much more in the way of fx and templates for FCP X compared to legacy.

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on May 30, 2015 at 1:03:29 am

I would recommend giving Red Giant Universe a try. Tons of great stuff even should you decide to go with the free membership. I am also going to check out some of the stuff Bret mentioned.

Return to posts index

Kannan Raghavan
on May 30, 2015 at 10:59:17 am

Motionvfx.com's simple pack is pretty neat. Red Giant universe is good too.

Kannan Raghavan
The Big Toad Films Pte. Ltd.

Return to posts index

Charlie Austin
on May 31, 2015 at 3:38:17 am

[Sherril Schlesinger] "but haven't seen anything comparable for X."

As noted, there are *tons* of transitions for X. In addition all those mentioned by others... fcpeffects.com has some pretty good stuff, and Fox Mahoney has some really cool, and free, stuff here: https://www.youtube.com/user/fxmah

That said, the only 2 transitions you should ever use are dip to color, and a dissolve. ;-)

-------------------------------------------------------------

~ My FCPX Babbling blog ~
~"It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools."~
~"The function you just attempted is not yet implemented"~

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]