FORUMS: list search recent posts

Anyone else catch a cold at NAB?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Raudonis
Anyone else catch a cold at NAB?
on Apr 22, 2015 at 3:01:01 am
Last Edited By Mark Raudonis on Apr 22, 2015 at 3:01:52 am

You know the T shirt... "My parents went to Paris and all I got was this stupid T-Shirt". Well, that's how I feel. I went to NAB and all I got was a damn cold! And apparently I'm not the only one. My unscientific survey reveals at least four people that I know who immediately came down with a nasty cold post NAB.

Anyone else? Or is it just me. (Sniffle)

Mark

PS. I'm hoping for the "Most OT " post of the year with this!

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: Anyone else catch a cold at NAB?
on Apr 22, 2015 at 3:30:40 am

Great post! And thanks, now I'm pleased I didn't attend.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

Andrew Kimery
on Apr 22, 2015 at 4:50:49 am

Via Twitter I saw that Kevin Monahan from Adobe caught the flu at NAB and ended up in the hospital! He's at home now and getting better, but, hell that's no fun at all. I was worried about getting sick since I have a baby at home so I was washing my hands and using hand sanitizer like a mad man.

Return to posts index

Kevin Monahan
on May 4, 2015 at 7:40:07 pm

[Andrew Kimery] "Via Twitter I saw that Kevin Monahan from Adobe caught the flu at NAB and ended up in the hospital! He's at home now and getting better, but, hell that's no fun at all. I was worried about getting sick since I have a baby at home so I was washing my hands and using hand sanitizer like a mad man."

Quite the ordeal. Yes, I'm still at home and recovering at last. At least I'm doing work from home. Thanks for your concern. Next year, hand sanitizer "like a mad man."

Kevin

Kevin Monahan
Support Product Manager—DVA
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe
Follow Me on Twitter!

Return to posts index

Andrew Kimery
on May 5, 2015 at 6:34:55 am

[Kevin Monahan] "Quite the ordeal. Yes, I'm still at home and recovering at last. At least I'm doing work from home. Thanks for your concern. Next year, hand sanitizer "like a mad man.""

Glad you are still on an upward trajectory. Hopefully you'll be back to 100% in no time.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Apr 22, 2015 at 4:47:49 am

And now you brought it back with you. You know, this is how the zombie apocalypse starts....

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Apr 22, 2015 at 5:27:17 am

I returned unscathed.
Actually shook hands with both Mark Rudonis and Kevin Monahan on different days (along with a hundred others!) so dodged at least a couple of very minor biological bullets perhaps. Either my immune system is humming or more likely I just got very lucky.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

Scott Thomas
on Apr 22, 2015 at 6:22:42 am

I believe I got food poisoning Monday. I was out-of-commission Tuesday, but came back Wednesday and Thursday.

So here a week later, I'm OK... for now.

Return to posts index

Lance Bachelder
on Apr 22, 2015 at 6:48:30 am

Same here - lost a few hours work of my demo artist gig and left early Wed before seeing all the goodies... worst NAB ever.

It was at a Vegas premiere that I resolved to become an avid FCPX user.

Lance Bachelder
Writer, Editor, Director
Downtown Long Beach, California
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1680680/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Apr 22, 2015 at 5:07:08 pm

I caught a fever. And the only prescription is more cowbell. That and more FCPX updates of course...

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
Call Box Training

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
on Apr 22, 2015 at 7:02:39 pm

[Noah Kadner] "the only prescription is more cowbell. "

I know that a lotta y'all Hollywood types can drive over, but I swear that I got sick on the plane ride home every year.

I also think that more people coming from more places is going to make NAB get worse for spreading colds every year.

Actually, any of you cats remember NAB 2002 or so? Bird flu in Asia kept tens of thousands of people home, and most of the few folks from Japan who came were working the floor in masks.

That's something the Japanese get right, btw. Maybe because they know too well the bad things that can happen when strangers wind up jammed together. Transit stations have dispensers for masks all over the place. No excuses man. If you're coughing or sniffling, mask up. Or if you know that a lot of other people during flu season think they're "too cool" to wear a mask? Then YOU need to mask up. I love it.

In the scheme of things though, if you go to Vegas and the worst disease you carry home is the flu, you should call it a win.

That's Vegas for you. Even winning is pretty gruesome.

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Apr 22, 2015 at 7:14:05 pm

Just wonder what virus or bacteria is ready to give a nasty bite on those one armed bandits. Hope no one got the Norovirus, had that two years ago, not much fun but very quick recovery.

Return to posts index

Scott Witthaus
on Apr 22, 2015 at 8:02:42 pm

[Tim Wilson] "Actually, any of you cats remember NAB 2002 or so? Bird flu in Asia kept tens of thousands of people home, and most of the few folks from Japan who came were working the floor in masks."

Yup, I was there. Very odd scene.

Scott Witthaus
Senior Editor/Post Production Supervisor
1708 Inc./Editorial
Professor, VCU Brandcenter

Return to posts index

Kylee Peña
on Apr 22, 2015 at 7:31:54 pm

For the first time since I've been attending, I didn't return with some horrible respiratory infection or any other diseases! I bathed in hand sanitizer after every meeting where hands were shook, I tried not to touch any surfaces anywhere, and I started taking daily vitamins a month beforehand. This probably means I've set myself up for some horrible sickness in the coming weeks but...I don't even care, I made it out mostly unscathed!

blog: kyleesportfolio.com/blog
twitter: @kyl33t
demo: kyleewall.com

Return to posts index

Jason Jenkins
on Apr 23, 2015 at 6:42:04 am

I caught a cold just reading about NAB.

Jason Jenkins
Flowmotion Media
Video production... with style!

Check out my Mormon.org profile.

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
on Apr 23, 2015 at 7:55:26 pm

It did get cold in mid-week but that didnt stop us from the $2 Coronas at Fremont ;)
Yep I went there with a tickle and came back hacking.
But I do live in Canada and we call colds a Wednesday here ;)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]