FORUMS: list search recent posts

Hold off on upgrading to 10.2 if you use AVCHD from Panasonic (GHx exempted)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Petros Kolyvas
Hold off on upgrading to 10.2 if you use AVCHD from Panasonic (GHx exempted)
on Apr 15, 2015 at 12:25:13 pm

Initial reports are flowing in, and I can confirm, that Panasonic AVCHD from their Professional/Prosumer video cameras no longer plays back with an image in 10.2 (image is black). Anecdotal evidence indicates GH-series stills cameras are fine, and I'm having no trouble with AVCHD from either Canon stills or C100s. Video from AF100s aren't working however.

Creating Optimized and Proxy media only produces ProRes with black footage, though oddly, running the original media through compressor works - however it is not feasible for complex projects already in progress.

I'm sure it'll get remedied, hopefully quickly enough to not scare us all into adobe's arms, but if you use such a thing, hold off for now. It's too bad, the promises of 10.2 UI speed-ups aren't overstated making and already fast workflow that much faster.

Discussion thread at the apple forums: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6992950?start=15&tstart=0

--
There is no intuitive interface, not even the nipple. It's all learned. - Bruce Ediger

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
Re: Hold off on upgrading to 10.2 if you use AVCHD from Panasonic (GHx exempted)
on Apr 15, 2015 at 12:28:55 pm

Thanks, you should post this in "Techniques" as well

Return to posts index

Petros Kolyvas
Re: Hold off on upgrading to 10.2 if you use AVCHD from Panasonic (GHx exempted)
on Apr 15, 2015 at 1:30:47 pm

Thanks Steve. Done.

--
There is no intuitive interface, not even the nipple. It's all learned. - Bruce Ediger

Return to posts index

Don Walker
on Apr 15, 2015 at 2:02:17 pm

I just did a test import from footage shot on a Panasonic AG-AC160. Video was shot at 720p 59.94. The video imported correctly, and transcoded to ProRes correctly.
I also did a 3 camera multicam edit using 3 streams of RAW AVCHD (no ProRes transcode) yesterday, immediately after upgrading to 10.2. The video was imported into FCPX before the upgrade.

2012 iMac, i7, 32 GB Ram, 10.10.3 12TB USB 3 Raid 5

don walker
texarkana, texas

John 3:16

Return to posts index

Petros Kolyvas
on Apr 15, 2015 at 2:09:43 pm

Thanks Don. In my case is 1080p30.. I've hot some 1080p25 lying around I'll test with.

--

Return to posts index

Petros Kolyvas
on Apr 15, 2015 at 2:12:29 pm

So it seems the issue may be limited to specific framrates... 1080p30 doesn't work, 1080p24 does.

--

Return to posts index

Don Walker
on Apr 15, 2015 at 2:33:55 pm

Petros,
I did a test shoot using 1080p 30 and 1080i 60 clips and they both imported, transcoded and played back correctly. However the 30p did flash black very briefly before playing back correctly,

don walker
texarkana, texas

John 3:16

Return to posts index

Jason Jenkins
on Apr 16, 2015 at 12:59:15 am

[Petros Kolyvas] "Anecdotal evidence indicates GH-series stills cameras are fine"

I edit primarily GH4 footage and I'm experiencing slower timeline operations and short 'beachballs'.

Jason Jenkins
Flowmotion Media
Video production... with style!

Check out my Mormon.org profile.

Return to posts index

James Cude
on Apr 18, 2015 at 3:56:46 pm

hey guys, i just tried this and it worked:

Resolve black frames issues with Panasonic AVCHD and Final Cut Pro X 10.2
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT6650

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]