Ursa Mini

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Mathis
Ursa Mini
on Apr 13, 2015 at 1:52:09 am

This looks interesting:

http://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34390

Looks like some nice camera offerings. Thoughts?

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Ursa Mini
on Apr 13, 2015 at 3:39:27 am

Wonder how much it weighs and how well balanced if one wants to go handheld? I'm sure we'll find out in a few hours.

If FCPX could only handle cDMG directly, make some internal improvements to grading... or Resolve 12 adds a trackless and magnetic timeline as an option.

I guess we'll have something to look forward to when it's delivered January 2016.

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Apr 13, 2015 at 3:31:14 pm

Magnetic timeline in Resolve would be nice. I am with you on Cinema DNG raw files, probably my biggest beef with X at the moment. Perhaps the next update will address this issue.

I only hope that audio and video performance improves in Resolve in case Apple flubs it up again.

The magnetic timeline, it's magnetic-o-matic!

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Apr 13, 2015 at 4:00:10 pm

Details all on the BMD site now - WOW! Ursa mini 4.6K for me then!

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Apr 13, 2015 at 4:27:12 pm

It looks like this is camera that'll have a long shelf life given the feature set. Two very attractive price points as well.

Major impressed that one can switch to global shutter mode (probably at some cost to dynamo range).

I hope there's more info on the high speed frame rates. It doesn't seem to be expressed in their tech data.

With July ship date we probably won't see broad availability until October or so.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Apr 13, 2015 at 4:30:19 pm

[David Mathis] "I only hope that audio and video performance improves in Resolve in case Apple flubs it up again."

FCPX has some major innovations (for me) but I'm personally getting frustrated by the feature updates. It's still missing things other NLEs have and, over time, that's beginning to weigh more heavily.

Gotta read about 10.2 though.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]