FORUMS: list search recent posts

Update to FCPX

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Jenkins
Update to FCPX
on Apr 9, 2015 at 8:48:54 pm
Last Edited By Jason Jenkins on Apr 9, 2015 at 8:49:19 pm

According to an email from Denver Riddle, Color Finale creator, "Apple will also be introducing a new update to Final Cut Pro X!!!" at NAB.

Jason Jenkins
Flowmotion Media
Video production... with style!

Check out my Mormon.org profile.

Return to posts index

John Davidson
Re: Update to FCPX
on Apr 9, 2015 at 9:04:02 pm

I saw that, but he's linking to the same article from FCPWorks that the previous forum thread linked to, so I'm not totally sure that one is coming.

John Davidson | President / Creative Director | Magic Feather Inc.

Return to posts index

Denver Riddle
on Apr 9, 2015 at 9:59:12 pm

Sorry about the confusion folks, I was just going off of what I read on the posted session schedule:

"Apple Product Marketing will present an update on Final Cut Pro X.”
I actually have no idea what they’ll show but I’m looking forward to finding out and hope I'll see you there.

Return to posts index

John Davidson
on Apr 9, 2015 at 10:01:35 pm

No worries! I'm happy with the update you gave us this week!

John Davidson | President / Creative Director | Magic Feather Inc.

Return to posts index

Andrew Kimery
on Apr 9, 2015 at 10:35:28 pm

[Denver Riddle] ""Apple Product Marketing will present an update on Final Cut Pro X.”"

Yeah, the wording is a bit odd. Typically when people see "update" used in reference to software they immediately thing "new features" although in this context it could just be Apple PR giving a 'state of FCP X' address that talks X's install base, what new projects/companies are using it, etc.,.

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Apr 9, 2015 at 11:50:42 pm
Last Edited By David Roth Weiss on Apr 12, 2015 at 10:52:51 pm

Apple version of update in this case is their attempt to rewrite history by trying to erase all memories of their last foray to NAB four years ago.

Return to posts index

Aindreas Gallagher
on Apr 10, 2015 at 12:25:05 am

[David Roth Weiss] " trying to erase all memories of their last foray to NAB"

But they couldn't dare right? That FCPX reveal stands as a historical software bombsite crater for the ages. Invested partners and production companies the world over were left picking out bits of apple shrapnel for years. Who are they kidding?

http://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos http://www.ogallchoir.net promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

Return to posts index

Scott Witthaus
on Apr 10, 2015 at 12:30:47 am

[Aindreas Gallagher] "That FCPX reveal stands as a historical software bombsite crater for the ages. Invested partners and production companies the world over were left picking out bits of apple shrapnel for years"

Classic.

Scott Witthaus
Senior Editor/Post Production Supervisor
1708 Inc./Editorial
Professor, VCU Brandcenter

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Apr 10, 2015 at 12:59:14 am

Ireland does have a long and illustrious history of excellent writers, we have one amongst us, with a superb sense of humor.

Ireland can also claim the number one golfer in the world presently, so it's fair to say the country is on a roll. The economy sucks now, but since Mr. Gallagher is a video artist, like the rest of us, he's probably quite used to an eternal poor economy.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Apr 10, 2015 at 8:16:17 am

I know nothing in advance, but if the Apple "state of FCP X" presentation at NAB includes any use metrics, I wonder how the "FCP X was a bomb from day one" story will hold up. I'll be amused if global sales are strong - and it turns out that the only people who remain convinced that they somehow "screwed the pooch" at NAB 2011 are the same folks who have been banging on that drum since day one, whilst blythly ignoring that essentially none of the "X will crash into kiddie software that no professional will ever respect again" ideas they held so dear, panned out over time.. Just to be positive, congrats to team Premier. Looks like you are delivering on your enhancement promises. I truly hope when they ship, they are everything your users expect and more. Good job Adobe.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Apr 10, 2015 at 4:04:14 pm

If only there were a gym a person could go to so they could develop a sense of humor.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

Jim Giberti
on Apr 10, 2015 at 4:32:55 pm

Aindreas is the Shecky Greene of editing.

Return to posts index

Charlie Austin
on Apr 10, 2015 at 5:22:42 pm

[Jim Giberti] "Aindreas is the Shecky Greene of editing."

Aindreas is good, but this is the Shecky Greene of editing... :-)

https://twitter.com/worsteditorever

-------------------------------------------------------------

~ My FCPX Babbling blog ~
~"It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools."~
~"The function you just attempted is not yet implemented"~

Return to posts index

Alex Hawkins
on Apr 12, 2015 at 10:19:48 pm

[David Roth Weiss] "If only there were a gym a person could go to so they could develop a sense of humor."

I don't post much here these days (am always reading though) but this was an exception.

Very funny David.

Laconic and witty.

Alex Hawkins
Canberra, Australia

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Apr 12, 2015 at 10:51:32 pm

I love ya man!

Return to posts index

Andrew Kimery
on Apr 11, 2015 at 2:11:38 am

[Bill Davis] "whilst blythly ignoring that essentially none of the "X will crash into kiddie software that no professional will ever respect again" ideas they held so dear, panned out over time.. "

Sales and seats don't matter in this instance. It's about perception and prestige. Some people will scoff until the new NLE, X in this case, permeates their niche in the entertainment industry. There are still people that think FCP 7 was an also ran, second rate NLE... Maybe when X is used by all the well known editors and Oscars are pilling up like half-eaten chocolate bunnies the week after Easter they will say, "Maybe X is good enough..." but probably not. Chasing schadenfreude with these types of people is a fruitless venture because their perception of reality is based not in logic or reason but in an odd, emotional investment in a tool.

Return to posts index

Aindreas Gallagher
on Apr 11, 2015 at 7:57:20 pm

[David Roth Weiss] "the number one golfer in the world"

if Speith would just do the decent thing and drop around five shots, I'd fancy rory on the back nine sunday. Nice to see tiger woods healthily on the leaderboard as well.

http://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos http://www.ogallchoir.net promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

Return to posts index

Mitch Ives
on Apr 10, 2015 at 3:17:23 pm

[Aindreas Gallagher] "That FCPX reveal stands as a historical software bombsite crater for the ages. Invested partners and production companies the world over were left picking out bits of apple shrapnel for years. Who are they kidding?"

Nice turn of phrase...

Mitch Ives
Insight Productions Corp.

"Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things." - Winston Churchill

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]