I have an NVIDIA Titan X on order so I can't tell you if it is faster than a RED Rocket card but I will be interested in seeing if it does. I have been running 6k Dragon files in Resolve at close to full speed (25fps) using an older GTX680 NVIDIA so the Titan X which is hugely more powerful may give me full debayering full speed on 6k RED without needing a Red Rocket. Of course the advantage of one card that speeds up every codec is important and the price is much cheaper than a Red Rocket.
RED ROCKET X:
- 32 fps @ 5K, full-frame, 8-bit (note: should be sufficient for playback of dailies in the field)
- 16 fps @ 5K, full-frame, 16-bit
- 22 fps @ 6K, full-frame, 8-bit
- 12 fps @ 6K, full-frame, 16-bit
- 64.5 fps @ 6K, full-frame, 8-bit, exporting to 1080
- 58.5 fps @ 6K, full-frame, 8-bit, exporting to 1080 (note: should be able to do 3D 1080 in real time)
So... 6K to 4K @ 16-bit output I guess should be in the realm of realtime (24 / 25 fps).