FORUMS: list search recent posts

First time I have seen this...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Pale
First time I have seen this...
on Mar 16, 2015 at 2:00:26 am

http://www.mandy.com/1/jobs3.cfm?v=63171918

First job posting I have seen for a major player in NYC looking for FCPX exclusively.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: First time I have seen this...
on Mar 16, 2015 at 3:56:48 am

SHOW EDITOR with Field story producing experience AND color correction AND audio mixing? Not asking for much are they? Wonder what they pay for this is...AND, I wonder what they mean by "Trial basis." Does that mean no pay? Or that they can fire you easily with no notice?

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Andrew Kimery
on Mar 16, 2015 at 5:22:12 am

If it's related to the NBC/FCPX job(s) being talked about in this COW thread ( https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/335/78406#78410 ) Then it might be for the TV show George to the Rescue. It's a home renovation show so I'm guessing that's why the job ad says you need to be okay with being at a construction site.

Return to posts index

Scott Witthaus
on Mar 16, 2015 at 9:47:10 am

[Shane Ross] "SHOW EDITOR with Field story producing experience AND color correction AND audio mixing? Not asking for much are they? Wonder what they pay for this is...AND, I wonder what they mean by "Trial basis." "

ah yes, welcome to the new world....

Scott Witthaus
Senior Editor/Post Production Supervisor
1708 Inc./Editorial
Professor, VCU Brandcenter

Return to posts index

Neil Goodman
on Mar 16, 2015 at 2:14:50 pm

[Scott Witthaus] "[Shane Ross] "SHOW EDITOR with Field story producing experience AND color correction AND audio mixing? Not asking for much are they? Wonder what they pay for this is...AND, I wonder what they mean by "Trial basis." "

ah yes, welcome to the new world....
"

So reality editor, mixer, colorist and field producer.

that better be a $2000+ a day position trial or no.

Return to posts index

Daniel Frome
on Mar 16, 2015 at 2:28:18 pm

[Neil Goodman] "So reality editor..."

Easy... the multicam mode practically edits automatically!

[Neil Goodman] "mixer..."

Yup, turn on all those auto-audio enhancement features, done!

[Neil Goodman] colorist..."

AKA color board chooser.

[Neil Goodman] field producer."

This just means they have someone to blame for when it looks bad.

Return to posts index

Charlie Austin
on Mar 16, 2015 at 4:36:34 pm

[Daniel Frome] "AKA color board chooser. "

Hilarious!. :-/

I see this all the time, by the way.

"No real FCP X jobs!"
"Here's one!"
"lol! it's for X! It can't be real. Here. let me list some stupid reasons why it's not!"

"Nobody in this business uses X!"
"Here's a company in this business that's switching to X!"
(pause...) "Meh, that's not a very big company. Doesn't matter!

FWIW, I know of a couple well paying union gigs for X editors here. And, like all good, well paying gigs, they're being filled by word of mouth. Just because you don't hear about jobs for people who use X doesn't mean there aren't any.

[Daniel Frome] "[Neil Goodman] field producer."

This just means they have someone to blame for when it looks bad."

OK, this I agree with... :-)

-------------------------------------------------------------

~ My FCPX Babbling blog ~
~"It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools."~
~"The function you just attempted is not yet implemented"~

Return to posts index

Daniel Frome
on Mar 16, 2015 at 4:47:39 pm

[Charlie Austin] ""No real FCP X jobs!"
"Here's one!"
"lol! it's for X! It can't be real. Here. let me list some stupid reasons why it's not!"
"

Well in this case the joke is not that it can't be real... it's that it IS real :( Instead of giving editors more 'creativity' with the supposed advantages of FCPX, they just expect to consolidate 4 jobs into 1 :/

Return to posts index

James Culbertson
on Mar 16, 2015 at 5:03:14 pm

[Daniel Frome] "Well in this case the joke is not that it can't be real... it's that it IS real :( Instead of giving editors more 'creativity' with the supposed advantages of FCPX, they just expect to consolidate 4 jobs into 1 :/"

To be fair, this consolidation has been going on for a long time, and has nothing to do with FCPX. They could just have easily used Premiere or AVID as the editing base, with the same job requirements.

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Mar 16, 2015 at 5:40:17 pm

Whatever the merits of the actual job, I have seen absolutely zero penetration of FCPX in NYC in the broadcast realm, until this. I thought it was noteworthy. No, I am not applying, :)

Return to posts index

Neil Goodman
on Mar 16, 2015 at 5:45:26 pm

[James Culbertson] "[Daniel Frome] "Well in this case the joke is not that it can't be real... it's that it IS real :( Instead of giving editors more 'creativity' with the supposed advantages of FCPX, they just expect to consolidate 4 jobs into 1 :/"

To be fair, this consolidation has been going on for a long time, and has nothing to do with FCPX. They could just have easily used Premiere or AVID as the editing base, with the same job requirements.
"

That was my point. FCPX or any other NLE on the market - this is the job of 4 or 5 people, and should be paid accordingly.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Mar 16, 2015 at 7:11:12 pm

They missed the part about relentlessly teasing a major plot point thru out the show only to reveal it at the very end, plus three minutes re-capping the entire show in and out of every commercial break, so the actual footage only runs 12 minutes of original footage. This particular trope of "reality" programming has made most everything on Discovery channel and others impossible for me to watch, without the remote in hand, jabbing away at the "skip forward" button. I can watch an episode of Mythbusters or Face Off in about eight minutes, just by skimming past the redundant recaps...

Return to posts index

Charlie Austin
on Mar 16, 2015 at 7:47:47 pm

I'm with ya here... Hate the "tease" before commercial more than anything... A while ago I watched all the seasons of Columbo on Netflix... The pre-show and pre-commercial teases appeared in the 70's.. Made watching the shows worse...

-------------------------------------------------------------

~ My FCPX Babbling blog ~
~"It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools."~
~"The function you just attempted is not yet implemented"~

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Mar 16, 2015 at 8:20:54 pm

I agree, they better not add commercials to the mix, cable is bad enough. I mean 500 channels of useless, rehashed garbage. Not wanting to risk a sprained thumb as result of constant channel surfing.

The magnetic timeline, it's magnetic-o-matic!

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Mar 18, 2015 at 4:48:24 am

On the other hand, nowadays if you actually can shoot 45 minutes of actual content - you've got enough material for the whole SEASON!

That's gotta be worth something?

; )

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]