FORUMS: list search recent posts

Freaking OUT! And having fun.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill Davis
Freaking OUT! And having fun.
on Feb 27, 2015 at 6:53:14 am
Last Edited By Bill Davis on Feb 27, 2015 at 7:03:56 am

The Focus discussions on other boards are getting really great.

Some guy named Issac on one after somebody went off on X just quipped..

"dinosaur rage"

(Yes, we all know that experienced editors with different needs for editing are not dinosaurs in any sense )

That said, my "old school" brain - recently overjoyed by the Uptown Funk - did go right here...

Enjoy.

The full performance!
Best choreography EVER!
Plus a brief guest appearance by 1st generation Mac! (for the sharp eyed out there) at about 2:04.

BRING BACK THE FUNK!

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

David Mathis
Re: Freaking OUT! And having fun.
on Feb 27, 2015 at 4:48:26 pm

Bring back the funk and the 8 track!

Return to posts index

Gary Huff
on Feb 28, 2015 at 4:10:25 pm

[Bill Davis] "(Yes, we all know that experienced editors with different needs for editing are not dinosaurs in any sense )"

So why bring up the quip then? Seeks like you actually do think that there are experienced editors who are dinosaurs and don't just have different needs.

Return to posts index

Charlie Austin
on Feb 28, 2015 at 5:33:02 pm

[Bill Davis] "The Focus discussions on other boards are getting really great."

If by "great" you mean "boring" then yes, they are. I think having the "discussions" here or other places where the people involved are not anonymous is useful and can be enlightening for both sides if argued intelligently. On anonymous rumor forums? Complete waste of time IMO...

-------------------------------------------------------------

~ My FCPX Babbling blog ~
~"It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools."~
~"The function you just attempted is not yet implemented"~

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Feb 28, 2015 at 7:56:48 pm

[Charlie Austin] "If by "great" you mean "boring" then yes, they are. I think having the "discussions" here or other places where the people involved are not anonymous is useful and can be enlightening for both sides if argued intelligently. On anonymous rumor forums? Complete waste of time IMO..."

I don't know Charlie.

Like many, I though Honey Boo Boo represented the very worst of reality TV. But I also though it was useful to spend a bit of time thinking about why it was so popular - and what I could learn about audiences that don't think the same way I do.

If all we do is listen to the people who have similar backgrounds and opinions as we do - the risk is that we'll come away with a poorer understanding of the forces that shape the world, not necessarily a better one.

FWIW.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

Charlie Austin
on Mar 1, 2015 at 9:55:41 pm

[Bill Davis] "the risk is that we'll come away with a poorer understanding of the forces that shape the world, not necessarily a better one.
"

I agree, but fighting any battles on anonymous internet forums is pointless. Mac vs. PC redux. IMO of course. :-)

-------------------------------------------------------------

~ My FCPX Babbling blog ~
~"It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools."~
~"The function you just attempted is not yet implemented"~

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]