FORUMS: list search recent posts

First Major Project with FCPX = continued

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Sefton
First Major Project with FCPX = continued
on Feb 18, 2015 at 2:02:12 pm

Still getting to grips with FCPX but so far it has been a dream. Resolve and Premiere cannot compete with the batch export function that comes with Primaries Exporter, and FCPX hasn't cost us any time at all with render issues or corrupted projects. We are editing Multicam projects really quickly and then overnighting our exports via Primaries Exporter - really efficient.

As a test I edited one 40 minute segment in Premiere and then FCPX. With multi cam editing they took similar times, but when it came to export, Premiere just couldn't compete. Loading 50 nested sequences into Adobe Media Encoder slowed the machine down to the point of crashing. FCPX with Primaries just booted it out in double fast time - then chopped the file up for me. Perfect!!

I know that Premiere should be able to batch export with media encoder, but in a project where I am exporting around 2700 clips per week, it just cannot do it. The dynamic link server takes forever and then doesn't work after you load more than 100 nested sequences into it. If you are only exporting one timeline with 20 or 30 clips it might be ok - but for high volumes it is useless.

One thing that is slightly annoying, which I don't think is an FCPX problem but I thought I would ask anyway is....

Using Ultrastudio 4K for 10bit output from the new Mac pro - after an hour of editing the interface slows down do such an extent that the system fails to play back 4K footage even at the lowest quality possible.

The only way of stopping this happening, is to use the HDMI output from the Mac Pro and bypass the Ultrastudio - has anyone else experienced this at all....?

Co-owner at Pollen Studio
http://www.pollenstudio.co.uk

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: First Major Project with FCPX = continued
on Feb 18, 2015 at 2:36:08 pm

I'd love to know what those 2700 clips are for.

Return to posts index

Tom Sefton
on Feb 18, 2015 at 2:58:40 pm

https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/335/77636

Co-owner at Pollen Studio
http://www.pollenstudio.co.uk

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
on Feb 18, 2015 at 7:49:20 pm

Tom how about rebooting the host after an hour to refresh the UltraStudio?

We have one here but dont have a 4K display yet (tested a few).

With FCPX I dont have that problem using a Flanders HD, Sony PVM HD and NEC HD LCD at the same time even after hours of use.

However I tend reboot it anyways just in case.

I still cant get Premiere to work using the UltraStudio 4K and with Avid we get the annoying BOB error but it at least works.

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Feb 18, 2015 at 9:59:53 pm

Thanks for keeping us posted!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]