FORUMS: list search recent posts

Color Grading Central Color Finale

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Mathis
Color Grading Central Color Finale
on Feb 13, 2015 at 9:26:02 pm

It is nearly here, to be available next week. Very excited by the news!

It does include LUT Utility, RGB curves and color wheels. Going to order it the day it comes out!

Return to posts index

Erik Lindahl
Re: Color Grading Central Color Finale
on Feb 14, 2015 at 9:02:49 am

Impressive. Let's hope Apple updates FCPX to make it usable with external video references. It's insanely laggy / slow at the moment for serious work.

Return to posts index

Charlie Austin
on Feb 14, 2015 at 4:07:22 pm

[Erik Lindahl] " Let's hope Apple updates FCPX to make it usable with external video references"

You mean external (shared) sources? That's all I use and it's fine FWIW...

-------------------------------------------------------------

~ My FCPX Babbling blog ~
~"It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools."~
~"The function you just attempted is not yet implemented"~

Return to posts index

Erik Lindahl
on Feb 14, 2015 at 4:16:33 pm

I mean using "A/V Output" via a AJA och BMD interface. It's dog slow on every system I've ever tried and unreliable as well.

If I press SPACE there's a good second or two lag before playback starts.

The above ONLY is the case with A/V Output switched on. With out it FCPX is very responsive. When doing finishing or client-assisted session, this is a requirement sadly.

Return to posts index

Charlie Austin
on Feb 14, 2015 at 5:10:18 pm

[Erik Lindahl] "I mean using "A/V Output" via a AJA och BMD interface."

Ah... gotcha. I use a BMD MiniMonitor and, it's not as bad as you describe... It's a bit less responsive than with A/V out off for sure, though I'm also looping the signal through a machine room via a wyrestorm hdmi to ethernet converter and then back to the monitor in my bay,

Return to posts index

Jeff Markgraf
on Feb 16, 2015 at 2:13:18 am

No problems with AJA Kona 3 in a Sonnet thunderbolt to PCI adapter. No problem with an AJA T-Tap TBolt to sdi.

MacBook pro 15" Retina. TBolt 2 raid. HD and 2k footage.

Return to posts index

Erik Lindahl
on Feb 17, 2015 at 12:18:33 am

I've had issues with every single setup I've tried, from is it OS X 10.7 to 10.1, from a MacPro 2008 with three different GPU's and a Kona 3, to a MacPro 2013 8-core / D700 / 64GB / 1TB / 1GBs RAID-5 with BMD video i/o. It's always been laggy and I've talked to AJA about it at IBC and the reply is "you're not the only one that's commented on that".

I guess some people aren't as picky as me.

Return to posts index

Charlie Austin
on Feb 17, 2015 at 12:50:19 am

[Erik Lindahl] "I guess some people aren't as picky as me."

Or some people aren't seeing the same lag. If I was seeing a 1-2 sec lag after hitting playback I'd be going crazy too. Nothing close to that here.

Return to posts index

Jeff Markgraf
on Feb 17, 2015 at 7:23:32 am

Well, I think of myself as pretty picky...

Honestly, the last nle I used that didn't have at least a slight but perceptible lag on playback was a 10 year old avbv Avid playing standard def on a G4 tower running Mac os 9 with is9 local storage. Every system I've used since then has had a slight hesitation before playing the first frame of video. On pc based systems, there was usually a far more annoying lag in the interface responsiveness. As in click a button with the mouse and wait a half second for it to register. Now that will drive a person crazy!

I'm pretty sure any nle will have some hesitation playing long gop formats. I think it's more of an issue on a network. I've never had more than about a half second delay with HD or 2k footage on local storage (fiber or thunderbolt raids, usb3 or esata through a thunderbolt adapter). Even then it's not been consistent or intrusive.

Return to posts index

Erik Lindahl
on Feb 17, 2015 at 7:35:01 am

I'll make a recording of it. Even on state of the art hardware it's MUCH slower than the unsupported FCP7 and Premiere Pro CC. I even think Resolve is more responsive.

We tend to work with ProRes in 1080p25.

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Feb 17, 2015 at 5:48:34 pm

Just been posted that the release is delayed

Return to posts index

Jeff Markgraf
on Feb 17, 2015 at 7:39:41 pm

Would like to see that recording. I certainly don't doubt you're having a problem…I just have no idea why.

Interestingly, I have the opposite problem. On the same system that has virtually no lag on FCP, I can't get Resolve to play more than a few frames before stuttering. And that's with DnX-145 mxf files or plain vanilla ProRes. Of course, I have an AJA video out, not a BMD out. Probably makes all the difference.

Return to posts index

Erik Lindahl
on Feb 17, 2015 at 8:17:58 pm

Our old MacPro had a Kona-3, same issues there. I've also tried a AJA T-TAP on two seperate laptops with the same issue... But I'd love to get to the bottom of this!

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Feb 24, 2015 at 1:22:37 pm
Last Edited By Steve Connor on Feb 24, 2015 at 1:27:31 pm

It's just been released, although I've tried installing it on my system and it's not working for me!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]