FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adam Lisagor on the lack of FCPX evangilists

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aindreas Gallagher
Adam Lisagor on the lack of FCPX evangilists
on Jun 30, 2011 at 3:10:19 pm

on the talk show - great show, they're up to timothy dalton - Adam Lisagor makes the point that apple had no evangelists this time round, and that that was a surprising omission on their part. OK so they weren't going to get a walter murch, and as someone pointed out - maybe apple never really wanted to be *quite* that high end in the first place.. but say just someone we all know and trust, a Vincent Laforet of digital video media if you will, maybe Stu Maschwitz cutting a crazy gonzo piece on DSLRs and cutting it in FCPX, I know there's ripple training up there, but thats different, if we had been able to see a rock solid pro, presumably 33 with stubble but whatever (no reference to Stu), telling us in terms we all would nod to why he started to really get something out of this software.. apple kind of used to do stuff like that a lot - remember when there was like an artists and designers bit to the site, where there were interviews and work throughs?

The fact that they didn't do any of that this time, when it was such an easy gimmee is a suprisingly basic communications ball drop. From Apple. Communications ball drop. Does not compute. I think it would have made quite a psychological difference in how we perceived the application. I would have been like, well 5tu thinks its ok.. Instead I'm reading his tweets about - lets all have a drink and hope our plug ins code will still work.

I know I'm raking over the dying coals but I thought that was an interesting point made - this launch lacks any of apple's customary finesse. Are they a bit all over the place, or are they just a bit 'meh, whatever FCP' I mean do they still love me? why won't they look at me? Do they think I look nice in this shirt?.. Love me Apple LOVVVEE MEEEE...

well so anyway.

http://www.ogallchoir.net
promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

Return to posts index

Paul Dickin
Re: Adam Lisagor on the lack of FCPX evangilists
on Jun 30, 2011 at 4:30:54 pm

[Aindreas Gallagher] "...apple had no evangelists this time round..."
Hi
They had Larry, but now he's in mourning...
http://www.larryjordan.biz/goodies/blog.html

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
on Jun 30, 2011 at 4:32:58 pm

Vincent Laforet switched to Adobe Premiere Pro just recently.... So is Phillip Bloom. They already got Shane Hurlbut. The DSLR/Raw Video crowd seems to be moving.

But your article is spot. on. Maybe a televised show with auditions for the job? Like Project Greenlight?

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: From Still to Motion, Video Made on a Mac, Photoshop for Video, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Studio On the Spot and Motion Graphics with Adobe Creative Suite 5 Studio Techniques

Return to posts index

Aindreas Gallagher
on Jun 30, 2011 at 5:10:23 pm

no way, Laforet and Bloom are both Premiere now?

I watched the Hurlbut thing just yesterday
http://tv.adobe.com/watch/shooting-and-editing-hdslr-video-using-adobe-tool...

The stuff where he's talking about how premiere and -.. competing products ..- handled the same DSLR footage on a large projection screen, and the reasons for the difference, I mean if that's all not just marketing speak, if there's a qualitative difference to the way Premiere is handling DSLR footage because adobe really got their hands dirty with the codec handling, I mean that's huge right? Who the hell isn't using DSLRs these days?
Man, when I first started saying - I'm going to premiere - on some level I was waiting for apple to scoop me up into their arms and say to me 'now now baby we'll fix everything' and then they'd kiss my forehead. and then I'd cuddle in for a snooze, but like, well, that's really not going to happen.

12 months to fully know I guess? either apple have been out with the pooper scooper and that preterm software is usable or... its a year or less to premiere 6 and you'd have to reckon adobe would really, really like to exploit the opportunity here. PPro 6 could turn out to be quite the thing. Did you see the way they got their top guys on the phone with Jeffrey Harrell for a chat after his post? Man they're actually hungry you know? Either way - there is *no way* I'm not learning premiere. I'm going to know it well and fully by the time version 6 hits.

http://www.ogallchoir.net
promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]