FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pixel Count For Sequences

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aj Noway
Pixel Count For Sequences
on Dec 16, 2014 at 10:08:27 pm

In FCP 7 I can create custom sequences, which is critical to our work. Is it possible to create custom sequences in X?

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
Re: Pixel Count For Sequences
on Dec 17, 2014 at 12:15:05 am

If you mean custom output screen sizes. Yes. One of my best friends does IMAG work all the time spanning 3 screens via a single FCP X raster.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

Mathieu Ghekiere
on Dec 17, 2014 at 11:22:31 am

Yes, but this only became possible since update 10.1 or something from FCPX. So if you are still running Mountain Lion and/or an older version of FCPX, you should upgrade to get the option. But it's possible now.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Dec 18, 2014 at 6:05:52 am

There used to be some hack to make it happen before the option. Like drop an odd sized video clip in the sequence first or something like that.

But for over a year now you can just create the project and choose "custom." Pretty self explanatory from there.

Return to posts index

Aj Noway
on Dec 18, 2014 at 4:11:44 pm

Thank you all for the help! I've been with FCP since .76beta. I understand the guy. How hard is the transition to X? Are the benefits worth it? We have a Mac Pro 8core w 64g of ram and SSD drives, but its not much faster than my iMacs with i7 quad processors.
aj

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Dec 21, 2014 at 6:33:52 pm

How "easy" the transition to X is, depends entirely on you.

Those who find it easiest are those who can best let go of how they've always done things - and embrace seeing old processes in new ways.

In other words, it depends on how much time you're going to waste wishing that it worked like the software you are conditioned to cutting on - rather than seeing it as a new system you need to learn.

This internet meme was posted by an Argentine editor I correspond with (Leo Hans) on another group I frequent- it says things pretty well.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]