FORUMS: list search recent posts

x2mc ?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Trevor Asquerthian
x2mc ?
on Dec 10, 2014 at 9:07:41 am

Has anyone been able to do rough cut in X and then get across to Avid for fine cut / finish?

I want to give X a proper go on an upcoming job but will have to be able to integrate into a facilities Avid pipeline for the finish / last minute changes.

Seems I could use x2pro to get the audio across to media composer, but then would have to use EDL for pictures?

Anyone done this? What are the EDL tools of choice? Caveats and pitfalls? (Media would be DNX120 mxf)

Thanks

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
Re: x2mc ?
on Dec 10, 2014 at 1:49:20 pm

Ive gone from FCPX to Resolve then to Avid MC in some capacity.
I can do a test sometime today but Im sure someone has done this in Cow.

Return to posts index

Ronny Courtens
on Dec 10, 2014 at 5:14:07 pm

I agree. I have never done this myself, but since FCP X now handles MXF natively this could work if you want to transfer a rough FCP X edit with only clips on the primary timeline to Avid MC:

1. Put the DnX120 MXF files in a media folder. Import them into FCP X with "Leave Files In Place". Do your cuts on the Primary Storyline, then export an FCPX XML.

2. Import the XML file in DaVinci Resolve Lite (free application), conform the sequence to the media folder and export the conformed sequence as an AAF file.

3. Import the AAF file in Avid and relink the sequence to the media folder by AMA.

As I said, I have never done this myself. But you don't need to purchase any extras to do this, so it would be easy to do a test.

- Ronny

Return to posts index

Trevor Asquerthian
on Dec 10, 2014 at 5:58:05 pm

On 10.1.4 - the (avid mxf op-atom) clips come in separately for video and audio, as they are in the folder, rather than as a video clip with 8 tracks of audio.

Passing the Avid AAF through Resolve to get a FCPX XML results in video only for the most part - or audio that is not linked.

I guess I'll stay with Avid... although I was looking forward to trying FCPx out on this project, but I'm pretty sure it's going to be more trouble than it is worth.

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
on Dec 12, 2014 at 7:26:40 pm

I was doing this with R3Ds from FCPX to Resolve, then AAF to Avid MC.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]