FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to export FCP Pro X clips in Motion 5 and back again

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Mylrea
How to export FCP Pro X clips in Motion 5 and back again
on Dec 2, 2014 at 7:12:03 pm

This is crazy, sorry I'm NEW so this may have been answered... But learning FCP Pro X and Motion 5. But I'm not finding a way to hightlight a clip in FCP and send to Motion 5 so I can add some cool affects. Please HELP anyone??

Return to posts index

David Mylrea
Re: How to export FCP Pro X clips in Motion 5 and back again
on Dec 2, 2014 at 7:56:47 pm

Just new, so this may have been answered.... several time. But I'm leaning FCP ProX and Motion 5. Wanting to export clip/s from FCP to Motion .... Anyone know help to do this thanks

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Dec 2, 2014 at 10:13:45 pm

As of now, there is no easy way to get clips from FCP X to Motion. What you can do, however, is publish custom effects from Motion to use in FCP X, same can be done with transitions. Not very complicated to do.

One of the effects I will be doing soon is having a matte that can be applied to a clip over a background. There will be a few mattes that can be chosen from, the ability to invert a matte, and a few options for the background.

This might not always be the best solution but at least it is worth looking at. You can also build custom generators, titles and transitions then publish those out as well.

Return to posts index

David Mylrea
on Dec 3, 2014 at 12:04:49 am

Thank-you!

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Dec 2, 2014 at 10:17:50 pm

How I do it is to mark the in and out of the clip and export a master file of it with a name that makes sense. Open that master file in Motion as a Project, do whatever you needed to do, export a new master file OUT with the file name same plus an incremental letter or number. It should then drop right in when you do a replacement in FCPX. I *think*

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]