FORUMS: list search recent posts

OT: Happy Thanksgiving!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Connor
OT: Happy Thanksgiving!
on Nov 27, 2014 at 6:29:18 pm
Last Edited By Steve Connor on Nov 27, 2014 at 6:30:18 pm

Just like to wish all our North American friends on here a very happy thanksgiving to you and your families!

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
Re: OT: Happy Thanksgiving!
on Nov 27, 2014 at 7:01:27 pm

Thanks!

Somebody in another group posted a long, learned treatise on the reality of the initial Thanksgiving from multiple perspectives including the original Purian, Pilgrim and Native America prospectives - and historically, it's a pretty stark combination of the good, the bad and the ugly. The bottom line, which one of the primary authors (a native american descendent himself) wrapped up in that thread by pointing out that even if the mythic nature of the holiday foundations are historically pretty inaccurate - the essential core of the concept - the fact of welcoming strangers and helping them survive when faced with intolerable circumstances - still forms the basis of a wonderful reason to stop the crazyness of life (even if for just one day) and express appreciation of what we all truly SHOULD be thankful for.

So let me say I'm thankful for so many here who've helped me learn. It's truly valuable to be able to toss out an idea - and have people react to that. Good, bad, loud, quiet - don't matter. What matters is a place to mix it up and allow the debate to enhance understanding.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Nov 27, 2014 at 7:27:47 pm

Thankful for friends and family. Thankful for friends here as well. A corny joke: I stopped eating leftovers. I quit cold turkey. ;-)

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
on Nov 27, 2014 at 7:42:55 pm

[Bill Davis] "historically, it's a pretty stark combination of the good, the bad and the ugly."

Happy Thanksgiving Or Not: The Debate!!!!

Return to posts index

Charlie Austin
on Nov 27, 2014 at 9:51:22 pm

Happy Turkey day to all.. Thanks for all the ideas, critiques, and sparring!

-------------------------------------------------------------

~ My FCPX Babbling blog ~
~"It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools."~
~"The function you just attempted is not yet implemented"~

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
on Nov 28, 2014 at 12:49:23 pm

Im Canadian and ever year I take the afternoon off to watch NFL.

I do get a taste of the American cuisine but mostly production post tidbits from the tube ;)

Well I hope its American.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]