FORUMS: list search recent posts

Honda commercial

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>

Mathieu Ghekiere
Re: Honda commercial
on Nov 3, 2014 at 4:22:17 pm

Interesting article.

We also use compounds a lot in our workflows, but how he used them - with changing Roles etc - was very smart.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Nov 3, 2014 at 4:51:12 pm

There are so many choice quotes in this article, it would be a disservice to start to single out any one of them. So, I will quote a what I think is the focal point, and a metaphor for FCPX in general: "far less of a ball ache".

This is like the most Apple of Apple workflows, right down to the airdropping of files from one computer to another instead of using a USB3 shuttle drive, because it saved time.

I don't know why, but now I'm giddy.

I can't wait to go to Croatia and edit in the back of a van with no shoes on. Seriously, I would like nothing more. That just seems like too much fun to have while on the clock.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Nov 3, 2014 at 5:23:38 pm

Don't know why, but one thing that "popped" for me was how when they tested the interactive version, they had to understand the different styles that viewers would employ in actually viewing the work. From measured R key switchers, to POUNDERS. The instant I read that it brought to mind the convergence happening between the habits of the video viewing generation and the expectations of the HUGE video gaming generations now reaching maturity.

It reveals so much new about the changing world we all have to live and work in.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Nov 3, 2014 at 4:41:57 pm

Ronny, thanks for posting this. Always an interesting and great learning experience to read those type of articles. Just skimmed through it but going back to do a more thorough read. Hopefully more people will realize that FCP X is a great value and investment.

camera operator | editor | production assistant

Blackmagic Cinema Camera | FCP X | Motion 5 | Compressor 4 | Resolve 11

Return to posts index

Paul Neumann
on Nov 3, 2014 at 8:53:18 pm

That whole workflow is just amazingly cool. From the most rudimentary to the highest of tech. Inspiring.

Return to posts index

James Ewart
on Nov 7, 2014 at 11:22:20 am

Just wondering whether I might elect to use Auditions for replacing lo rez with high rez shots rather than Compound Clips.

I suppose it's easier to trim and match the hi rez clip to the lo rez in a CC timeline.

http://www.jamesewart.co.uk

Return to posts index

Thomas Carter
on Nov 12, 2014 at 2:26:30 pm

[James Ewart] "Just wondering whether I might elect to use Auditions for replacing lo rez with high rez shots rather than Compound Clips."

Hi James,

Can't see how auditions would have helped here. The point of the Compound Clip workflow is that you change the low res to high res at the browser level, and this change ripples through all instances in all sequences, and in the browser.

Auditions are good for switching between different takes/options in the timeline. you have all the high res in, there's no need to ever switch back.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]