FORUMS: list search recent posts

FWIW - a rather mainstream publication says the words debacle, lemon and new coke.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aindreas Gallagher
FWIW - a rather mainstream publication says the words debacle, lemon and new coke.
on Jun 29, 2011 at 5:38:10 pm

I'm calm - I'm moving on - but that's a pretty mainstream publication.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/raymond-schillinger/apples-first-lemon_b_8857...

http://www.ogallchoir.net
promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

Return to posts index

Bob Woodhead
Re: FWIW - a rather mainstream publication says the words debacle, lemon and new coke.
on Jun 29, 2011 at 6:00:07 pm

[Aindreas Gallagher] "I'm calm - I'm moving on -"

lol... you're in denial.... we're going to have to stage an intervention on you! make you sit in a field of wildflowers with no Net, no cpu's, maybe just some storyboards you can shuffle on a pegboard.....

;)

"Constituo, ergo sum"

Bob Woodhead / Atlanta
Quantel-Avid-FCP-3D-AFX-Crayola
Panasonic HPX500/AF100

Return to posts index

Aindreas Gallagher
Re: FWIW - a rather mainstream publication says the words debacle, lemon and new coke.
on Jun 29, 2011 at 6:26:35 pm

welllllll, I thought that maybe if we all roared at the top of our lungs 24 hours a day until we turned blue, we might get OMF licensed for the app, and the FCS back in the channel, and the tracks turned back on... ;)
(i know what am I, crazy?)

that being said - man but I am roared out. Brain hoarse altogether. Although I do want to read about relational databases tho, they actually sound sort of madly interesting.

http://www.ogallchoir.net
promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Jun 29, 2011 at 6:09:49 pm

Years back many mainstream publications had pronounced Apple dead.

Granted their introduction of FCPX with the simultaneous removal of FCS2009 from the market was not handled well. In and of itself, that doesn't make FCPX bad. It's very incomplete for much professional use. That may change. Only Apple knows (at that's part of the problem). The foundation for FCPX is strong. It become the Next computer or it could become the next major conceptual change in the Post industry.

Return to posts index

Marvin Holdman
on Jun 29, 2011 at 6:59:29 pm

Highly unlikely it will become the "next major conceptual change in the Post industry" if the only people using it are pompous executives cutting their vacation video's with it. You REALLY need to have a professional user base to have any impact on an industry. Will it flesh out to be decent editing software? Maybe, we'll see. The bigger question is will anyone actually use it if it is functional? I don't think the resentment over this fiasco is going to be quick as short lived as some believe, given the upending this company has just handed to an entire group of people who have chosen this as the primary tool to build there businesses and careers around, it is more likely that even a viable FCPX will not be the go-to tool for those who've moved on. Remember, once bitten, twice shy.

Perhaps it was necessary to do a "day one" re-write of the code. No one will argue that fact, but to handle the release in such a ham-fisted manner seems to be what most have a larger problem with. The fact that many have gone from "Cool, FCPX is coming out this week!" to "Oh sh*t, how am I going to explain this to my employer?" in the course of a few hours makes this release one that will be remembered for a LONG time.

They were right about one thing.... it IS jaw dropping for professional editors.

Marvin Holdman
Production Manager
Tourist Network
8317 Front Beach Rd, Suite 23
Panama City Beach, Fl
phone 850-234-2773 ext. 128
cell 850-585-9667
skype username - vidmarv

Return to posts index

Chris Conlee
on Jun 29, 2011 at 11:12:54 pm

Well, for what it's worth, HuffPo is hardly 'mainstream' for about half the country. Just saying.

Chris

Return to posts index

MIke Guidotti
on Jun 30, 2011 at 1:43:39 am

I agree - not a fan of that one...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]