FORUMS: list search recent posts

OT: Apple 5K

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>

Marcus Moore
Re: OT: Apple 5K
on Sep 15, 2014 at 7:18:35 pm

It's intriguing, but I'm honestly thinking that unless these new displays come out at only a marginal price increase over the existing 1440 ACDs (not likely), I'll probably just but another existing generation Thunderbolt display and buy a 4K TV for monitoring first.

Of course, I've said a lot of things about nice new hardware before I get a chance to see it...

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Sep 15, 2014 at 7:31:39 pm

I hope this does not mean I need to purchase a new Mac Pro. Better check to make sure my psychiatrist has an appointment available just in case. That and the Happy Hills Funny Farm for editors with severe nervous disorder. :-)

camera operator | editor | production assistant

Remember kids, tracks are you friends when you charge by the hour. Track Tetris, game on!

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
on Sep 15, 2014 at 7:43:29 pm

You see this everywhere on MacUser where Apple is to blame once a new product is coming.
I am hoping that a new Mac Pro that can power three 4K displays can at least do a single 5K.
Ive worked with 4K to 6K R3Ds on the new Mac Pro and the display has been the only thing lacking for me.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Sep 15, 2014 at 7:48:15 pm

[Eric Santiago] "and the display has been the only thing lacking for me."

Meaning you've tried a current 4k monitor and are unhappy, or you're looking for a 4k monitor from Apple specifically?

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]