FORUMS: list search recent posts

FR: Locking views or am I missing something?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Witthaus
FR: Locking views or am I missing something?
on Sep 14, 2014 at 11:09:52 am

I was doing finishing passes on 5 short videos yesterday and kept bumping into a maddening little thing. Since I was doing the final color and sound work, I needed to use the inspector, then go back to the Library "browser" to access each event and clips in the event. I dragged to browser out wide enough to see the full event names (each video had a unique event, but a couple were subsets and I needed to see full text to be sure). Damn if every time I went to the Inspector and back, X would shrink the Libraries browser down so I needed to resize again and again. And, on a laptop even with using a mouse, grabbing that resize handle for the Library browser is not an easy feat. It would be really nice that when you have a layout set up, X would go back to that after opening and closing the Inspector, effect menu, etc...or am I missing a way to do this?

Good things with X, however. This footage was all DSLR and audio was from Zoom. Sync clips worked perfectly, even when on clips where the production company only paused the Zoom but stopped the camera. Left me with 15 minute audio clips and 2-3 minute video clips. I was impressed that sync clips worked, found the 2 minutes that matched and did the sync. This could have been a huge CF, but thankfully not.

Also tested and was impressed with the Balance Color function. The footage was all over the place, most of it heading towards the yellow. Balance color gave me a great starting point for CC (no Resolve 11 needed, thank you! ;-) ).

Scott Witthaus
Senior Editor/Post Production Supervisor
1708 Inc./Editorial
Professor, VCU Brandcenter

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
Re: FR: Locking views or am I missing something?
on Sep 14, 2014 at 1:23:06 pm

Saved layouts has been a feature request that many have mentioned. I completely agree. Obviously you should post that to the Feedback site and add your voice, if you haven't done so already.

[Scott Witthaus] "no Resolve 11 needed, thank you"

I'm not sure whether Resolve would have correctly handled the lack of timecode anyway.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Scott Witthaus
Re: FR: Locking views or am I missing something?
on Sep 15, 2014 at 12:03:41 pm

[Oliver Peters] "I'm not sure whether Resolve would have correctly handled the lack of timecode anyway."

I was kidding. X did just fine.

I will certainly add that to the Feedback.

Scott Witthaus
Senior Editor/Post Production Supervisor
1708 Inc./Editorial
Professor, VCU Brandcenter

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]