FORUMS: list search recent posts

Resolve 11.1

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Mathis
Resolve 11.1
on Sep 12, 2014 at 5:56:47 pm
Last Edited By David Mathis on Sep 12, 2014 at 6:17:05 pm

Looks like Resolve 11 got a few nice updates.

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support/video/15012

http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/277/31158

Is it me or does this look like a refined version of Final Cut Pro 7?

camera operator | editor | production assistant

Remember kids, tracks are you friends when you charge by the hour. Track Tetris, game on!

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Resolve 11.1
on Sep 12, 2014 at 6:13:54 pm

Not to mention the acquisition of Eyeon Software (Fusion).

Michael

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Sep 12, 2014 at 6:19:29 pm

That announcement caught me completely off guard but was pleasantly surprised. Been wishing that Fusion would be available for the Mac platform and perhaps that wish will come true.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Sep 12, 2014 at 6:24:33 pm

I don't know what the plans are, but they now have the resources to do so - and if history tells us anything, Resolve in on three OS's... :)

I think it's a great for both companies.

Michael

Return to posts index

Lance Bachelder
on Sep 12, 2014 at 7:03:06 pm

Been playing with it a bit - love the new picture fade handles (Vegas has had these for 15 years lol). They still haven't fixed the audio fade handles - fades are almost like on/off - terrible. FCPX's fades are fantastic - get this fixed BMD.

Overall seems a bit faster/smoother - can't wait to see future updates...

It was at a Vegas premiere that I resolved to become an avid FCPX user.

Lance Bachelder
Writer, Editor, Director
Downtown Long Beach, California
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1680680/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Sep 12, 2014 at 7:32:47 pm

I am wondering if they will integrate Fusion into Resolve or if it will be a standalone product. Either way, this could become a major game changer, especially for those that are looking at alternatives to Adobe CC, time will tell.

camera operator | editor | production assistant

Remember kids, tracks are you friends when you charge by the hour. Track Tetris, game on!

Return to posts index

Mitch Ives
on Sep 12, 2014 at 7:51:16 pm

The file I downloaded is 11.1b1. Is this a beta or is it a final release?

Mitch Ives
Insight Productions Corp.

"Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things." - Winston Churchill

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Sep 12, 2014 at 7:55:20 pm
Last Edited By David Mathis on Sep 14, 2014 at 9:55:07 pm

Currently in beta release, full version due out by end of September. This is the first time I have ever seen an update in beta version.

* EDIT *

Found a bug already. When choosing which is your primary display I encountered the screens being switched around as expected. For example, I choose display 2 as primary display what was on display 1 goes to display 2 and display 2 goes to display 1. When changing back to display 1 as primary, display 2 is parked on top of the rest of the interface on whatever page I am on. All other pages (tabs or whatever you prefer to call them) act as expected.

Also, changing the in and out points by double clicking on the click in the time line and then adjusting either the end or out point seems to create a gap in the timeline or possibly (have yet to confirm) have one clip overwrite part of another clip. Perhaps this is the way it should behave but not positive.

Return to posts index

Scott Witthaus
on Sep 18, 2014 at 1:35:45 pm

[Mitch Ives] "The file I downloaded is 11.1b1. Is this a beta or is it a final release?"

Wow, I hope this is beta, because the playback glitches make it un-usable as an editor right now.

Scott Witthaus
Senior Editor/Post Production Supervisor
1708 Inc./Editorial
Professor, VCU Brandcenter

Return to posts index

Dean Neal
on Sep 21, 2014 at 6:32:04 am

Impressive software.

I have noticed that round-trip workflows between FCPX and this are now even tighter...particularly with ACVHD captures using hashtagged files (Clip#01 etc.) that Resolve didn't like.

That now seems to be erm... 'resolved' (pardon the pun)!

Dean...

Dean Neal...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]