FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: With FCPX magnetic timeline,the non-linear is linear again!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Reed Black
Re: With FCPX magnetic timeline,the non-linear is linear again!
on Jun 29, 2011 at 2:12:12 pm

@ DAVID - "This is why so many of us are saying X is unusable for our work."

I hear you but I do believe this will change in time. When I sat down to use it, I approached it this way;

Does it still retain the basic functionality that I'm used to actually work?
Does it still use JKL? Yes.
Does it still use I-in & O-out? Yes.
Is there still a match source function? Yes. Is it mappable? Yes.
And is there still a blade tool? Yes.

These are my basic foundational editorial tools to actually create and manipulate content. Everything else is a plus and I can always build on top of these functions. This how I approach all NLE's and software in general. As mentioned earlier there is some funkiness about it that will be worked out in time. In the interim, I'll use FCP7 for my pro-work and FCPX to practice, learn, and get familiar with this new approach to editing.

Side note: I watched LAFCPUG video's last night with Larry Jordan. Dated JUNE 15 (before the release). And he said something that made me feel a lot better about all this. And that APPLE wouldn't have sent out over 20 top level people for the release of FCPX at a PROFESSIONAL event such as PRO-MEET (I think that's the name) if they didn't care about it or us the pros. He also was very, very clear that having been invited to cupertino - that Apple listens. They don't answer but they listen. He clearly warned that this is NOT READY FOR PRIMETIME. He stated this several times, and he said Apple knows this. I've read his recent write up and yes he agrees there are some very, very good things and some very very bad things but like him, I still have faith that Apple will straighten FCPX out. And all will be well again. I BELIEVE!

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]