FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Pro X, exporting to compressor

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
André Santos
Final Cut Pro X, exporting to compressor
on Jun 29, 2011 at 12:59:28 pm

Hi friends..
I'm totally new in this forum, so i hope i'm writing in the right place.
The thing is, i have a work here in Final Cut Pro X, and after i applied some cuts and crossfades to my video, after i saw it playing in Final Cut Pro X, i thought its its ok... lets then use compressor to save it to a DvD format...

After send it to compressor, i needed to apply the markers, in order to use afterwards the DvD Studio Pro to make a menu...
While i was playing the video in compressor, closing by the places i had put a crossfade in Audio and video, i notice now something that doesn't happen in Final Cut Pro X preview...
The crossfades are there, but lost maybe a second or so... i had put some silence between the crossfades and that silence had disappear now. The Video is a concert, and i need to have between musics a 1 second of silence..
The problem is, i thought the video i send to the compressor was virtually equal to the video i see in the Final Cut Pro X preview, right? It should be... Anyone knows if i'm making a incorrect crossfade? I'm used to Sony Vegas type of crossfadings (which is very very simple), and i notice this crossfades or simply a fade out to video in FCPX isn't very simple at first hand.

Return to posts index

Jeff Greenberg
Re: Final Cut Pro X, exporting to compressor
on Jun 29, 2011 at 2:42:01 pm

I'm guessing that you need to change the prefs in FCPX from Full Overlap in the transition part of the preferences. I could be wrong of course, but worth a try.

Best,

Jeff G

Apple Master Trainer | Avid Cert. Instructor DS/MC | Adobe Cert. Instructor
------------
You should follow me (filmgeek) on twitter. I promise to be nice.
New- my book (with Richard Harrington and Robbie Carman)- An Editor's Guide to Adobe Premiere Pro
Compressor Essentials from Lynda.com
(older but still good) Marquee, Media Composer (3.5) and Basic/Advanced Color DVDs (1.0) from Vasst.com
Contact me through my Website

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]