FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multicam angles became splice/cuts !!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Evangelista
Multicam angles became splice/cuts !!
on Aug 29, 2014 at 4:17:17 am

I am running FCPX 10.0.8, and after working many hours in multicam mode switching between 3 angles and an audio track for a 1:15:00 video project, I have opened the project and suddenly, all my switch angle edits appear as cuts (splices?), meaning if I drag the end of one over the other, the second clip goes up while the dragged one overlaps under the other. I know that it is possible to edit this way, but switching between angles is way easier and more practical.
I have no idea how this happened, the project was nearly finished but I did want to make more edits. The only things I did since I last closed the project (when the switch angle edits where still there) was to try exporting (share: master file (default) selecting "computer" ), which I did cancel as soon as it started. I also noticed the background tasks saying it was "rendering", which I waited to finish at 100%). Could that be the reason my switch angle edits became cuts? It is a big bummer, my backup for the project also has those new weird cuts.

Any idea as to how I can fix this and get the old angle switches back to work with? I tried googling this issue but could not find anybody with a similar problem.

Return to posts index

Ronny Courtens
Re: Multicam angles became splice/cuts !!
on Aug 29, 2014 at 10:59:49 am

To anyone reading this: this issue has been solved.

The OP had lifted the cut-up multiclip from the Primary Storyline and then he had added a transition to the first (now connected) clip. This created a secondary storyline around the first clip, changing the cuts between the other clips from multicam through-edits to regular cuts.

The solution was to just put everything in the Primary Storyline again and to add the transition there.

- Ronny

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: Multicam angles became splice/cuts !!
on Aug 29, 2014 at 1:35:59 pm

Darn. I thought he had found a way to finalize a multi clip into actual clips. Something that is dearly missing from X. In my hope that he had found something accidentally, I selected a group of multi cam cuts and lifted them from the storyline. They of course lifted out, but remained an intact secondary storyline. The only way I was able to reproduce what he was experiencing was to lift each cut from the storyline individually.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]