FORUMS: list search recent posts

10.1.3 swapping bugs

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bret Williams
10.1.3 swapping bugs
on Aug 25, 2014 at 6:26:46 pm

Already finding some weird stuff in 10.1.3...

I added an effect to the top layer of a 3 layer effect. Adding the effect swaps the layer with the layer beneath it. It's just bizarre. As I add the luma key effect, I can watch the layers swap places, as if I'm dragging them myself.

Another similar issue. I've got a bunch of stills dissolving. When I replace (either option R or drag and replace from start) one of the stills, it replaces it and swaps it with the still before it. Dissolve and all. Freaky.

And something else was wonky on a similar issue. I had the music cut into a secondary so I could move pieces of it around. I had a single split right in the middle of the track, and tried to move the end closer up to the beginning to shorten the music. I do this everyday. Using the P tool so it could just slide back and overwrite a little bit of the piece before it, it insisted on swapping the second piece with the first. As if it were snapping to the beginning of the timeline which was 30 seconds from where I was trying to drag. Turing off snapping fixed that, so there's a workaround, but I've edited on this for years, and it just isn't functioning normally for sure. My muscle memory is good, and that was strange.

Return to posts index

Darren Roark
Re: 10.1.3 swapping bugs
on Aug 25, 2014 at 7:38:57 pm

The effects stacking issue, I wonder if that's a new automatic behavior added. As in the order in which the effects are stacked give very different results with certain effects.

It's like how if you are on a 23.976 project, and you add 25p footage it automatically adjusts the frame rate without warning.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Aug 25, 2014 at 8:05:51 pm

Oh no, I mean the video layers in the timeline swapped vertically. IOW I added an effect to layer 3, and it magically moved to layer 2 and layer 2 moved up to layer 3. Very screwy.

Return to posts index

Nick Toth
on Aug 25, 2014 at 9:27:36 pm

Did you trash preferences and repair permissions after updating? I have seen both (apparently) fix weird interface issues.

anickt

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Aug 25, 2014 at 9:29:33 pm

I actually trashed permissions last night and the strangeness continued today.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]