FORUMS: list search recent posts

Now that 10.1.3 Is out

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jordan Mena
Now that 10.1.3 Is out
on Aug 20, 2014 at 3:16:23 am

What new features do you think we should expect with the next version? Probably releasing with or soon after Yosemite.

Jordan Mena | Editor | Colorist | Producer
Los Angeles, CA
jordanmena.com

Return to posts index

David Mathis
Re: Now that 10.1.3 Is out
on Aug 20, 2014 at 3:25:50 am

Would like to see the ability to edit Cinema DNG raw files in their native format and custom curves for color correction. Would like better keyframing as well.

I am an avid user of FCP X!

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Aug 20, 2014 at 3:29:21 am

All I want for xmas is for it to quit getting all laggy and sucking up all your ram, forcing a relaunch.

Return to posts index

Lance Bachelder
on Aug 20, 2014 at 3:38:17 am

Concur - I'm using Memory Clean right now and I can clean the memory while having FCPX open which is cool because it eats it up quickly...

It was at a Vegas premiere that I resolved to become an avid FCPX user.

Lance Bachelder
Writer, Editor, Director
Downtown Long Beach, California
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1680680/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Aug 20, 2014 at 3:42:15 am

What's up, I get two updates. One for Motion and one for Compressor but no 10.1.3.

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Aug 20, 2014 at 5:06:41 am

I had something similar happen as well. It downloaded the FCP X update and installed no issue. The other two were downloading at the same time, then quit showing the update. Went to the launch pad and it showed the download was still in progress. Then it showed all the updates were downloaded and compete in the App store. Probably just a random glitch.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Aug 20, 2014 at 6:03:01 am

Actually, if I visit the FCP X page in the Apple Store, it doesn't say Buy Now or Update. It says install. Weird. I'm running the app in RAM as it does this.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Aug 20, 2014 at 6:06:47 am

It's worse. If I click install, it says it's not installed on my system and would I like to buy it? WTF

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Aug 21, 2014 at 12:46:51 am

I fixed it by throwing 10.1.2 in the trash. Then it let me download in the purchased area. Now it says installed.

Return to posts index

Jordan Mena
on Aug 20, 2014 at 5:17:59 am

Timecode overlays and or source timecode in and outs in the timeline index.

Jordan Mena | Editor | Colorist | Producer
Los Angeles, CA
jordanmena.com

Return to posts index

Mark Dobson
on Aug 20, 2014 at 5:50:51 am

Yes - the heading got me reaching for the App Store icon - bah

I'd forget new features and sort out old ones such as the event browser thumbnails changing size very time you go off to have a cup of coffee and if you are in list view have every thing revert to a default state when you open another folder and come back to the one you were just working with.

But moaning apart I'd like GoPro to build an internal app that incorporated their GoPro Studio software within FCPX. As hard as I try I just can't emulate the superb result it produces out of Protune files.

Return to posts index

Mark Dobson
on Aug 20, 2014 at 5:53:06 am

How silly - there is an update and maybe all the bugs are squashed.

Return to posts index

Brett Sherman
on Aug 20, 2014 at 3:29:19 pm

I'm sure I could come up with an insanely long list. But the most desperate from my standpoint:

1. Solve sluggishness problem!
2. Curves in Color Correction
3. Ability to store libraries on NAS, better sharing capabilities
4. Favorites and list view in Effects window
5. Ability to customize layout
6. Better keyframing (Hello! Ease in/Ease out!)

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Aug 20, 2014 at 4:04:11 pm

I agree and I am tired of that evil spinning beach ball upon launch in Motion. I also have erratic render time in FCP X could be a FireWire speed issue or third-party effects.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Aug 20, 2014 at 5:25:39 pm

Expand the new UI.

Take what's there and make it even better to add more functionality.

-Timecode is a big one. Being able to see more of it at once, being able to read tc on clips for window burns (the mutlicam window already does this, I just need a true tc reader filter), and being able to see it in the various lists that are created (index being the top request).

-Being able to select and therefore work with layers with less mousing and more keyboarding.

-Disable secondary story lines all at once.

-Selecting the "shelf" of secondary story lines with a keyboard.

-Being able to dynamically ripple Roles/SubRoles within an edited Project from the information in the Event Browser.

-Ability to assign Roles/Subroles in the import window.

-Playhead replace edits.

-More and better clip views in the Project window to gain a bit more spatial efficiency, and having the option to keep the primary storyline towards the bottom of the screen instead of it trying to always hover in the middle of the window.

-Keyboard shortcuts for the effect browser search window (that is to say, hit a button and the browser opens and the cursor is in the search window), same for Inspector Video, Audio, Info, tabs, the "back" button on the color board.

Return to posts index

Patrice Freymond
on Aug 20, 2014 at 6:14:32 pm

- Motion roundtripping

- Workspaces

- Access to connected storylines from keyboard

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Aug 20, 2014 at 6:26:49 pm

This it interesting.

Jeremy uses the term "secondary storylines" where Patrice uses the term "connected storylines."

Curious because in the current certification curricula, the term secondary story line doesn't appear at all - only connected storyline.

But on the current certification exam - there are questions about --- secondary storylines!

Ah language. You are a fickle, mutable beast!

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Aug 20, 2014 at 7:34:23 pm

tomahto

Return to posts index

Charlie Austin
on Aug 20, 2014 at 8:49:03 pm

[Jeremy Garchow] "having the option to keep the primary storyline towards the bottom of the screen instead of it trying to always hover in the middle of the window.
"

Actually, I'd prefer the opposite. Guess it depends on whether you are concentrating on piles of video or audio. Here's what should happen... The primary should stay where you put it. :-)

-------------------------------------------------------------

~ My FCPX Babbling blog ~
~"It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools."~
~"The function you just attempted is not yet implemented"~

Return to posts index

Marcus Moore
on Aug 20, 2014 at 8:55:57 pm

One thing I'm starting to realize would be really useful would be the ability to command-select a Connected Storyline, so that Final Cut assumes you want to make all your edits into that until you "unlock" it. Too often I find I've been working in a Secondary Storyline and accidentally clicked somewhere outside of it, and the next keyboard edit I make puts the new shot into the Primary Storyline.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Aug 21, 2014 at 6:44:22 pm

Like patching tracks, right? :)

Return to posts index

TImothy Auld
on Aug 22, 2014 at 9:24:44 pm

So what has been gained in 10.1.3? Or Premiere 8.01? Or Avid 7 (8?) Does any iteration of any of these software packages give us anything more to work with? I work with all three and I see nothing more. I've always been a proponent of Avid but I feel in the past few years that Avid is in a race to the bottom with everyone else.

Tim

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Aug 22, 2014 at 10:03:27 pm

Everything's amazing and nobody's happy.

Return to posts index

Marcus Moore
on Aug 22, 2014 at 11:12:43 pm

Nothing gained feature-wise in 10.1.3, but some much needed bug fixes. 10.1.2 wasn't huge on the feature front either, but some nice enhancements and closing some more holes in the media management side.

With the last two updates primarily geared towards the Libraries and Event Browser windows, most of the big "wants" seem to be around audio and timeline organization- Project Timeline oriented. I hope that's where the focus will be in the next feature update.

Return to posts index

Dennis Radeke
on Aug 24, 2014 at 9:22:27 pm

You can find out the details of Premiere Pro 8.0.1 here

Cheers,
Dennis - Adobe guy

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Aug 23, 2014 at 6:29:17 am

Tracks are like so totally last century! :-)

Maybe they will bring back the 8 track. Wait, doesn't that involve tracks?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]