FORUMS: list search recent posts

NFL Films err.. Digital. (not the same ring to it)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard Herd
NFL Films err.. Digital. (not the same ring to it)
on Aug 18, 2014 at 6:36:16 pm

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/14/sports/football/5-decades-later-nfl-films...

Maybe the COW can get the inside scoop on the workflow.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
Re: NFL Films err.. Digital. (not the same ring to it)
on Aug 19, 2014 at 1:04:58 am

As a matter of fact, some NFL Network folks are longtime members of the COW, so I'll ask around.

While I'm here, I'll also recommend that you kids make some time for the NFL Network's NFL Replay. It airs Tuesday and Wednesday nights, and offers 90-minute cutdowns of one of Sunday's games -- and adds back a lot of juicy goodness, including tidbits from post-game interviews, AND, most of the replay angles are from NFL Films. It's absolutely the best. A truly killer combination.

Anyway, NFL Films has always had some of the most beautiful footage of any sort, so this is going to be very interesting, from both a camera and a post perspective....

Stay tuned!

Return to posts index

Scott Thomas
on Aug 19, 2014 at 7:45:06 am

I remember reading in the trade publications, almost 30 years ago when NFL Films starting shooting Betacam. I seem to remember this being in addition to film, not supplanting it.

Yeah, the original oxide Betacam. Probably with Plumbicon BVP-3's. :)

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Aug 19, 2014 at 1:59:06 pm

I miss John Facenda.

He could make the most unimportant game between non-contenders sound like a Wagnerian Opera. I also got to hear him voice some pieces for the Academy of Model Aeronautics, where he added instant gravitas to shots of our hobby in action.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]